10 Tips of How To Start Gambling Online: Beginners’ Guide
One question the Gorilla often gets is, “How to start gambling online?” But answering this question is always a bit of a tall order. The Gorilla has identified two main reasons for this:
- First, he says that the term “Online gambling” is ambiguous. He can’t tell the casino games you want to play or where you are residing. It is, therefore, almost impossible for him to give specific, actionable, and good advice to such a loaded and open-ended question.
- Next, the Gorilla has been in the gambling industry since its inception, making an online gaming guru and easy for him to forget that not every punter is as experienced as he is in all matters gambling. This makes it difficult for him to explain how to start gambling online since it is all too “common sense” for him.
But you guys want to know how to start gambling online, not excuses. Luckily, the casino gorilla loves its newbies. So, he had a little exploration while on his way to find dinner, put his head down, and got down to business. He shared the following top 10 tips on how to start gambling online.
Table of Contents
1. Go Through Your Online Betting Laws
Stat by finding out if gambling is lawful in your country or state, and whether you are of the legal gambling age. You can get this information from the relevant online gambling regulatory authority. For example, if you are in UK, check with the UK Gambling Commission. If in Malta, check the with Maltese gambling authority.
2. Choose the Right Online Casino
The Casino Gorilla has identified a few critical things you should consider when choosing the perfect online gambling platform for beginners. These are:
- Know the type of casino you would want to play at (mobile casino, download casino, or instant play casino). Ideally, select a website that overs a great pc website, mobile casino and apps for both iOS and android devices for gaming on the go.
- Go through the casino reviews and ratings and get information about the history of the casino. Choose a casino that has won lots of positive reviews and praises from punters. Website that has won gongs from EGR B2B Awards, Global Gaming Awards, Gaming Intelligence Awards, International Gaming Awards are great choices.
- Software Providers – The best casinos for new punters foray together games from numerous top developers. Look for games from developers such as Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Playtech, IGT, Isoftbet, ElK studios, Ash Gaming, NextGen, Quickspin, Novomatic, Extreme Gaming and more.
- Casino Games – The Gorilla knows you are new to online gambling. For this reason, he suggests selecting a gambling platform with vast variety of casino games. Look for slots, table games, scratch card games, bingo games, video poker, live casino games, instant win games and more.
- Consider the banking options. The Gorilla truly loves website that offer a plethora of deposit and withdrawal options. Confirm the website supports instant and free deposits through eWallets such as PayPal and Skrill, debit and credit cards, wire and bank transfers, and pay by phone options such as Boku.
- Withdrawal and deposit limits. The best gambling platforms offer low minimum deposit and withdrawal limits (£10 is the industry average) and high maximum deposit and withdrawal limits.
- Go through the terms and conditions and make sure you are okay with all the provisions. Some import aspects to check here include withdrawal policy, wagering requirement on bonus funds, bonus validity and so on.
- Interact with the casino’s support team and see how they respond to your questions. The best gambling websites for new players offers help 24/7 through phone, live chat, WhatsApp, and an extensive FAQ section. They are active on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+
- Check the website’s rank – some of the top-ranked sites are certified, having greater value. They maintain a regularly updated blog section that share insights on how to start gambling online, have fun and make money responsibly.
Make sure that you get the truth from the casino you want to register with before you deposit your hard-earned money.
Below are three online casinos where it is comfortable for even a beginner to start playing the casino games:
|Online Casino||First Deposit Bonus||Further Information||Read review and play|
| Genesis Casino||100% / £100 + 300 Free Spins||As Genesis Casino is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, you can rest assured that the highest standards of safety and fairness are maintained here. Great place for beginners to start gambling online.|
| Mr Green||100 % / £ 100 + 100 Free Spins||Mr Green Casino has won many of the best awards in the casino industry since it was established in 2008 and has maintained these high standards to this day. Mr Green Casino is a safe and comfortable gambling site for beginners.|
| Casumo Casino||100% / £25 + 20 Bonus Spins||Casumo Casino is an excellent gambling site for beginners. The fun theme and relaxed atmosphere attract even a slightly inexperienced player to enjoy the thrill of casino games.|
3. Stay Safe When Betting Online
This is one of the most important aspects of online gaming as you should only bet at safe and secure web casinos. The important things to look out for include:
- License and reputation of the casino – It is a lawful requirement that all gambling websites be registered and hold licenses to operate in specific areas. For instance, UK casinos should hold licenses from the UK Gambling Commission. The Gorilla Says, “Never wager in unlicensed online casinos.”
- Blacklisted casinos – Avoid casinos that has been blacklisted for unsafe payments, slow payments, not paying out winnings, etc.
- Independently audited – Make sure that the internet gambling platform you are considering is audited and certified by independent bodies such as eCogra. Such certification guarantees that the outcome of bets at the specific casino are purely random and fair.
- Online security – This is assured by SSL encryption that makes sure that all your transactions and financial information are safe when being shared/transmitted online. Also, the best casinos add an extra layer of data protection by having robust data storage and handling policy.
4. Try the Free Games First
Whichever online casino you choose you will most likely be given the opportunity to play for free before playing for real cash. You might need to register an account to access the free/demo games (don’t fret out; the best casino won’t debit your card unless you give them the green light).
Also, casinos are able to separate your real money wagers from your free plays at the end of the day. You will only be charged if you choose to deposit funds into your account. Some online gambling websites even offer punters free no deposit bonus which they can use to play for real money.
The Gorilla says, Grab this opportunity with both hands. It will help you get a feel of the website and its various games without risking real money.