New Casino customers only. £10 Minimum transfer and stake. £10 Minimum stakes within 7 days. Minimum 5 game rounds. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 50 Free Spins on selected games, credited within 48 hours of qualifying. Free Spins expire after 7 days. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. Full T&Cs apply.
18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 60x (40x referred player) wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 20 Spins on Starburst will be credited instantly + then 20 per day for 9 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. - www.begambleaware.org
18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 60x (40x referred player) wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 20 Spins will be credited instantly upon qualifying deposit + then 20 per day for 9 days on pre-selected games. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. - www.begambleaware.org
18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 60x (40x referred player) wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 10 Spins on pre-selected games will be credited instantly + then 10 per day for 4 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. www.begambleaware.org
18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 40 x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 15 Spins on Starburst games will be credited per day for 9 days after qualifying deposit/wager is met. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Skrill + Neteller excluded. - www.begambleaware.org
18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 60x (40x referred player) wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 30 Spins will be credited instantly upon qualifying deposit + then 30 per day for 9 days on pre-selected games. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. - www.begambleaware.org
What Are Online Casino Payout Rates?
An online casinos payout rate is the theoretical average payout return of its casino games. The rate is given as a percentage and it indicates how likely punters are to lose or win (how much of their wager they are likely to get back) when playing at the specific casino.
For instance, table games come with the lowest house edge or the highest payout rate. This simply means that you have a higher chance of winning if you play table games compared to slots. Actually, video slots provide the lowest payout rate but don’t be fooled since it rises up to 99%, thanks to online gaming.
In order to understand better, here’s a simple example:
- You have £100 that you want to play with
- In theory, if you play a game that offers a 98% payout rate you would expect to get back £98 when you play 100 spins on a wager of £1.
- However, that’s not true since online casino games depend on RNG; Some players will win above average, others will lose.
- Nevertheless, the payout percentage is indicative of how likely you are to get your funds back if you play the specific game.
Top-Paying Online Casinos in the UK 2021
For many people, online gambling is about trying to make money. Even though you should always treat gambling as a fun hobby and not necessarily a money-making scheme, lots of players try their best to make a return – of course, it doesn’t always work as the odds are against them.
Whether you’re determined to make a profit or you’re more of a casual player, it’s recommended that you play at a top payout online casino. This is a casino whose overall payout rate is higher than average; for every pound wagered, most of it should be paid back.
If an online casino takes £1 million in bets across a single month and pays out £970,000 in the same month, its payout rate for that particular period of time would be 97%. The higher the payout rate, the better.
However, it’s worth pointing out that when working out a casino’s payout rate, all of its games’ takings and payouts are taken into account. Each individual game has its own payout rate and the range of payout rates across the board can vary greatly.
Bear in mind that even at a top payout casino, you can still find some games where you won’t win as much; likewise at some low payout casinos, you can still win big. For your best chance at scoring a win or two and making some money, head to a top payout casino we’ve listed below and stick to the games with the best payout rates.
To do this, you’ll want to take RTP into account. RTP is a figure measured as a percentage that gives you an indication of how much of your bet you should be paid back on an average turn. The higher the figure is, the more money you should make over the long run. However, it’s possible to play high RTP games and not win, just like how you can play a game with a low RTP and win big.
Let’s say you play a slot with an RTP of 96%. You have 100 spins and each one costs £1. Theoretically speaking, after those 100 spins you should be left with £96 or thereabouts. This won’t happen every time, but the more you play the closer to 96% your average payout per spin should get .
Factors to Consider When Choosing a High Payout Casino
The payout percentage or rate is not the only factor you should consider when determining if a casino is great. These include:
- Payout casino with no caps or limits on winning
- An instant withdrawal online casino
- Casino with no withdrawal charges
- High paying casino games
- High paying game providers
- Quality customer support
- Bonuses, promotion, and other rewards
1. Casino with no Limits on Winnings
You should avoid all casinos that have a cap on winning when playing with real cash. The best payout casinos only place the max win limit on winning from bonus credit such as a welcome bonus, VIP offers and so on.
It is also quite common for online casinos to impose a cap on winning obtained from free spins to make sure that you don’t end up winning a large sum of money without investing some.
However, the best payout casinos do not place limits on real money bets.
2. Instant Withdrawal Online Casino
Once you have identified an online casino with no limits on winnings, the next step is to get a fast payout website which allows you to receive your winning as soon as possible.
Most online casinos have recognised the importance of casino players getting their money instantly, so a good number of them process your winnings within 24 hours.
Normally, online casinos disclose the duration it will take to process and complete your withdrawal request. We suggest you check whether the Gorilla has reviewed the specific casino and what it says about its withdrawal time. You can also go through previous winners review to ascertain whether the website honours the withdrawal time.
It’s good to understand that most casinos request for document verification if you win a large sum of money. Make sure that you always have your document ready in order to speed up the verification process. These documents include:
- A copy of your ID or passport (scan)
- Your bank card
- A few recent salary slips
The Casino Gorilla says you need to understand the following factors to ensure that you get your fund instantly. These are:
- Play at a website that processes withdrawal requests swiftly.
- The casino might process your withdrawal request within hours, but from there, it will depend on the banking method you choose.
- E-wallets are your best bet if you don’t want to wait for your winning for more than 48 hours.
- Choose Neteller, Skrill, or PayPal, for example, in order to get your money instantly. Pay by Mobile options such as Boku and Payforit can only be used to load your account, not to withdrawal funds. Bank and wire transfer may take as much as 7 days to release the funds to you.
- Read “Gambling on credit cards to be banned”.
3. Casino with No Withdrawal Fees
Another factor that you should consider when choosing the best payout online casino UK is whether the site charges a withdrawal fee. Some casinos still charge these fees (1-4%), but some casinos have abolished them for good.
For instance, there are casinos that offer free withdrawals every month up to certain dates. Even better, there are casinos that have no withdrawal fees and you can withdrawal as many times as you want – you only have to pay the third party service provider as per their policy.
4. High Paying Casino Games
Of all the casino games you will find online, slots have the best RTP and a slot with a 96% rate is said to be a good game. However, there are some slots out there that provide an amazing 99% RTP. Below are the top 5 slot machines that provide the highest RTP in the UK market.
Mega Joker (99%)
Mega Joker is a classic slot from the world-beater NetEnt casino game provider and offers a great RTP of 99% when you bet a maximum of 10 coins.
Also, the slot hits this rate when you spin it in Supermeter mode.
1429 Uncharted Seas (98.6%)
1429 Uncharted Seas is a pleasing slot from the reputable Thunderkick that features a wild symbol which covers all the reels to create bigger wins.
Presently, this game offers one of the best RTPs (98.6%) that make it’s a popular slot in the UK.
Blood Suckers (98%)
Another slot from NetEnt that makes the headlines for providing one of the best payouts is the Blood Suckers, with an RTP of 98%.
It is a cool slot with great features such as free spins (3x payouts) scatter pays, a bonus game (slaying vampires), and substitutions.
With a 97.87% payout rate, Starmania is a favourite slot for most punters and it comes from the NextGen software. It is a colourful, exciting, and beautiful slot machine which allows punters to gaze at the stars while they win big.
Also, casino players can spot different constellations and get prizes for it.
Jack Hammer 2 (97.1%)
One more slot from NetEnt that offers a great return is the Jack Hammer 2. This fun adventure and crime-themed game have a total of 99 paylines, which means you get unlimited ways of winning. The slot also comes with some awesome features that make it more interesting when enjoying the 97.1% RTP.
Progressive slots provide the least RTP rate by far, of about 8-10% less than other slots. And this rate includes all the gigantic progressive jackpot amounts – the RTP for the base game is even lower.
Other Casino Games and Their Payout Rates
It’s not just slots that can have high RTPs – table and card games can as well. Below we’ve listed some of the top games you’ll find at online casinos and what their RTPs are like.
- Roulette – With roulette, a wheel is spun and you’re betting which numbered pocket the ball lands in. There are lots of different roulette games you’ll find at online casinos. Some can have RTPs as high as 97% or even 98% or above. For the best payouts, stick with European/French roulette, not American roulette. The reason is that the European/French wheel has 37 pockets and the American one has 38 – since there’s one extra pocket, you have a slightly lower chance of winning.
- Baccarat – This is a simple card comparing game where you’re betting on which of two hands gets the closest to 9. All you have to do is place your bet then watch as the game proceeds. You can bet on either of the two hands – player’s or banker’s – winning, and can also bet on a tie. The banker’s had bet has the best RTP, followed by the player’s, then the tie. The RTP for the tie bet is by far the lowest of the three, so this bet isn’t recommended.
- Blackjack – Blackjack is a card comparing game like baccarat, but it’s different in that you’re playing against the dealer and your objective is to get closer to 21 than the dealer. Your decisions can help you win, but they can also cause you to lose. There are lots of blackjack variants and most of them have high RTPs. In fact, some games can have RTPs as high as 99%.
- Video Poker – Video poker is another game that can have very high RTPs. With this game, you’re dealt five cards and get to replace or keep each one. Your objective is to form the best five-card poker hand possible. There are many video poker variants and some have better payouts than others. Many have RTPs around or even above 99%.
5. High Paying Software
You also need to consider the software that provides the casino game you want to play. NetEnt is a leader when it comes to providing the best payout rate for UK players. The brand has a few slots with about 99% RTP and also provides a great Roulette payout rate. Jackpot 6000 has 98.86%, Mega Joker has 99%, and Blood Suckers has 98%.
RTP rate is regulated by eCogra and punters can easily review them from the different slots. For instance, you can find the payout rate of a casino game on the software’s official page, in the game itself, and from a game review page – and this is just an easy way to get the RTP.
One thing you should note about RTP is that big franchised or big name slots often come with a low RTP. Casino games developers usually pay a large amount of money to acquire the right to use the images and name for franchised titles like The Marvel range slots, Jurrasic Park, and The Terminator. These prices have to come from the casino players, so the game providers provide low RTP for these games. This is why you will get Thunderkick and NetEnt game developers offering higher RTP compared to WMS, Bally, Nextgen, Microgaming, and Yggdrasil.
There are a few online casino software providers whose games are known for having quite high payouts rates. Some of these are listed below:
- NetEnt. A popular provider with games available at many leading online casinos, NetEnt is a respected and trusted name in the online gambling industry. Some of its top-paying slots include Mega Joker (99%), Bloodsuckers (98%) and Kings of Chicago (97.8%).
- Thunderkick. This provider’s top-paying slot is 1429 Uncharted Seas (98.6%). Since its founding in 2012, Thunderkick has focused on quality not quantity, and has developed many highly rated slot games.
- Playtech. Playtech claims to be the world’s leading supplier of online casino games. The huge and influential company has a few top-paying slots to its name, including Ugga Bugga (97.07%) and A Night Out (99.06%) to name a few.
- Play’n Go. This provider’s been around since 1997 and its ongoing aim is to create premium games for online casinos. Its library of slots and other games includes many popular titles, including some high-paying ones such as Pearl Lagoon (96.88%) and Aztec Idols (96.65%).
6. Quality Customer Support
English is the primary language used at all online casinos in the UK. Therefore, there should be no problem with language barriers when reading the terms and conditions of a casino or even when speaking with a support agent.
Customer support is a critical factor you should assess when looking for the best payout online casino. The casino should provide support to players around the clock.
The casinos should also provide different channels that you can use to contact their team, including live chat, telephone, email, and on-site contact form. You should note that the telephone channel is not always free, so you should be ready to be charged a small fee when talking to the support team. And since the aim is to get a best payout online casino, you shouldn’t use your winning/money to make these calls. The Gorilla recommends live chat or email.
7. Bonuses, Promotions, and Other Rewards
The biggest promotion, bonus, or welcome package are not necessarily the best option. They might be the most appealing to your eye but their wagering requirements might be hard to fulfil. The wagering requirement is found in the casino’s terms and conditions. It is a number that shows the number of times you need to wager the bonus funds before you can withdrawal the winnings in real cash. Generally, the higher the wagering requirement, the less attractive is the offer.
The best payout casinos UK know that greed will not get them to the top. They offer a lot of free credit as part of the welcome offer and a melange of daily and weekly promotions and bonuses that keep their punts satisfied.
The ever knowledgeable Gorilla Says,
When an online casino gives generously to its member, it shows that it can be trusted and has the best intention to keep casino players entertained and a fair chance to win big!
Can Online Casino Payout Rates Be Trusted?
Most online casino operators are reputable and trustworthy. They take all the necessary steps to ensure their casinos are as safe and secure as possible, and that gaming is always fair for everyone. They also make sure that all information regarding payout rates is accurate and up to date.
There are several third-party testing agencies whose job it is to make sure a casino’s games are working properly and determine a casino’s overall payout rate. These agencies basically make sure the games are running as they’re designed to run, and that no players have an advantage over anyone else.
Some of the main testing agencies are eCOGRA, iTech Labs, TST and GLI. When you visit an online casino, you should make sure that the casino’s been certified by one of these agencies. If it has, this means you can trust that the games are working properly. If there’s no proof of certification anywhere to be found, this means that the games haven’t been checked over and you may therefore want to reconsider signing up; go with a casino that does have the right certification instead.
Other Factors to Consider When Choosing a Best Payout Casino Game
A slot’s hit frequency refers to how often you should win. It’s measured as a percentage and if it’s 25%, for example, then 25% of your spins should result in a win. For most online slots, the hit frequency is somewhere between 20% and 35% or so.
It’s reasonable to assume that slots with higher hit frequencies are better to play since you should win more often when playing them. However, it isn’t just the frequency of wins that you should consider; it’s the size of the payouts as well. A slot that pays out quite regularly may only give smaller wins; on the other hand, a slot that has a low hit frequency and pays out rarely might give quite large wins.
That’s where volatility comes in. This refers to not only how often a slot pays, but also how big the payouts can be. There are three main types of volatility:
- Low. If a slot has a low volatility, it should pay out small sums of money fairly frequently. They’re not too risky and your gaming budget shouldn’t be too drastically affected when you play. It is possible to win a large prize when playing a low volatility slot, however big payouts are quite rare. Slots with a low volatility are recommended for beginners, anyone on a budget and those who enjoy gambling with real money but aren’t necessarily aiming for a huge payout.
- High. When playing a high volatility slot, payouts won’t come around too often though when you do win, there’s a good chance your payout will be on the larger side. Highly volatile slots can be risky to play, since you can easily go lots of spins without winning and making a return on your investment. These slots can give very large cash prizes, but they can also leave you frustrated with no wins – they’re therefore ideal for risk-takers.
- Medium. What’s great about medium volatility slots is that they combine the frequency of payouts you get from low volatility slots with the potential to win big you get from high volatility slots. Of the three main volatilities, medium is the most popular. Many players prefer having a medium volatility because there’s not too much risk, yet there’s still a chance of winning a decent cash prize.
Most online casinos let you play slots and other games for free once you’ve signed up. To get an idea of what slot volatilities are like, find and play some low, medium and high volatility slots. By the time you come to play with real money, you should have a good idea of what volatility you prefer.
How Often Do People Win Slot Jackpots?
A jackpot is a slot’s largest possible payout. There are two types of jackpot: fixed and progressive. If a slot’s jackpot is fixed, this means that the top payout has an upper limit; you can’t be paid more than the pre-determined maximum win amount. Even though there’s a limit, it’s usually quite high and you can still win large sums of money.
As for progressive jackpot slots, these are slots whose jackpot has no upper limit. The jackpot starts off at a set amount of money and grows every time someone places a bet on the slot. It keeps on growing until it’s won and once it’s won, it resets to its base amount and starts growing again. Some progressive jackpots are shared among several slots and some slots have multiple progressive jackpots that can be won.
For fixed jackpot slots, the top prize is paid out very rarely. This is simply because the chances of getting enough instances of the top-paying symbols on the reels are slim. With progressive jackpots, again the payouts are uncommon. Generally speaking, the bigger the jackpot, the less often it pays out. Some of the biggest ones, for example, are only won a handful of times a year. Having said that, there are some progressive jackpots that are designed to be won within set time periods. For example, a jackpot might be guaranteed to be won once a day or week.
With some progressive jackpot slots, the bigger your bet is, the more of a chance you stand of winning the top prize. With slots that have a fixed jackpot, you have to be betting the highest amount to win the biggest prize.
What to Do If a Casino Doesn’t Pay
It’s not uncommon for someone to claim that a casino hasn’t paid out money they’ve earned. A lot of the time, there’s a simple explanation as to why the casino hasn’t awarded a player their winnings. Below are some of the more common reasons:
- You haven’t played through a bonus’ wagering requirements
- You’ve violated something in the bonus terms and conditions, or in the casino’s main terms and conditions
- You have more than one account
- You’ve provided the casino with false information
- You haven’t completed the casino’s verification process
- You’ve used someone else’s bank card to make deposits
- You were underage when you signed up
- You’ve somehow managed to cheat
If you’re confused as to why you haven’t been paid, the best thing to do is to contact the casino’s customer support team. The team member you speak to should be able to resolve the matter for you and explain why you haven’t been paid.
It’s important to point out that a very small number of online casinos can’t be trusted. If you’ve won some money but the casino won’t pay you, it may be because the casino is being run by dodgy operators who are trying to rip players off and scam them.
Most of the time, casinos that do this get found out and get shut down sooner rather than later. However, it’s still a good idea to know what the telltale signs of an unreliable casino are. The main one is if the casino doesn’t have a licence. If there’s no proof of an active gambling licence to be found anywhere on the casino’s webpages, you shouldn’t sign up and should definitely not deposit any money. Always stick with licensed casinos only.
The other main sign of a dodgy casino is reputation. Do a quick search for some reviews online and if they mention things like not getting paid or other unfavourable things, you should avoid that casino and sign up to a reputable one that has a good reputation instead.
House Edge Explained
On this page we’ve been using the term RTP. There’s another similar term that’s often used and that’s house edge. This is the exact opposite of RTP and it refers to how much of your bet, on average, the casino keeps. So, for example, if a slot has an RTP of 96%, its house edge would be 4% – the two always add up to 100%.
For the best chance at making a decent return, you want a casino game’s house edge to be as low as possible (or its RTP to be as high as possible).
Land-Based Casino Payout Rates
If you’re looking to make money from playing casino games, you should play them online as opposed to at land-based casinos. The reason for this is simple: the average payout at proper casinos is significantly lower than the payouts you get from online ones. Most online slots have RTPs of around 96% or so. However, in a typical land-based casino a lot of the slots will have RTPs much lower than this – around 75% or so.
Games in land-based casinos are designed to take more of your money because these casinos have more overheads. It costs way more money to run a physical casino than an online one. There’s the cost of the actual building, as well as the staff and the actual gaming machines, tables and equipment, then there’s things like maintenance and security to factor in.
While land-based casinos do offer great experiences and are well worth visiting, you should lower your expectations and be prepared not to make much money. You can still win big, of course, and getting a large payout isn’t possible, but you’re much more likely to make a return on your money when gambling online.
Whether you are a new punter or simply excited by the RTP and payout rates of online casinos, remember that there is a lot of factors that goes into the making of a great online casino.
Use the numbers you see on the monthly payout reports to determine how the casino will pay in the future. Also, consider the security, welcome offer, banking options, game on offer, the look and feel of the specific website, customer support, etc, before choosing the best payout casino for UK punters.
After having his meal on time to stay in optimal healthy condition and excited, the Gorilla gets out to chill with friends. After all, why should you lock yourself indoors while you can have fun playing casino games and possibly hit a jackpot? Choose the best payout online casino UK and you will have the best time gaming online.