Many or all of the products and brands featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence how the product or brand appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
The information on this page, including operator and game details, is updated regularly but subject to change.
Boku Casino UK 2023 – Online Casinos that Accept Boku Mobile Payment
In the world of online gaming, casinos compete in various ways to attract new customers through their virtual doors. This often takes the form of massive bonuses, offering hundreds or even thousands to new depositers. Some casinos choose to attract savvy players by offering lower wagering requirements on bonuses, or by boosting the number of games on the site. There are other – more subtle – ways that casinos can get one over on the competition. One of these methods is by offering payment methods that cannot be found on other sites, and encouraging people who only have access to these payment methods to sign up for that reason.
One such payment method which has been growing in popularity is Boku. Don’t worry if you have never heard of this one before, as we are going to tell you all about it.
After reading this, you may well decide to sign up with one of the Boku casinos that we can recommend. Let’s get started and see why Boku has enjoyed such a startling growth in popularity with online casino players.
All British Casino
First deposit bonus
100% / £100
New customers only, min deposit £20, wagering 35x, max bet £5 with bonus funds. Max bonus is 100% up to £100. No max cash out on deposit offers. Welcome bonus excluded for players depositing with Skrill or Neteller. Cashback is cash with no restriction. Full T&C’s apply
First deposit bonus
100% / £100 + 100 Bonus spins
1st deposit only. Min. deposit £10. Max bonus £100. X40 wagering. Bonus Spins valid for selected games only. X40 wagering on bonus spins winnings. Expire within 24 Hours. T&C Apply.
First deposit bonus
100% / £100 + 200 Free Spins
NEW CUSTOMERS. MIN DEPOSIT £20. 40 FREE SPINS ON FIRST DEPOSIT. 160 FREE SPINS AFTER FIRST DEPOSIT (20 PER DAY). MAX WIN £100. 20X WAGERING. DEPOSIT BONUS 40X WAGERING. EXPIRES 30 DAYS FROM ISSUE. ELIGIBILITY, GAME, PLATFORM, PAYMENT RESTRICTIONS AND T&CS APPLY.
First deposit bonus
100% / £100 + 200 Spins
NEW CUSTOMERS. SPINS: 200 IN TOTAL WITH 40 GIVEN ON FIRST DEPOSIT, WINNINGS GIVEN AS BONUS FUNDS, 20X WAGERING. SPINS AND BONUS WAGERING ON SELECTED AOTG GAMES ONLY. WELCOME BONUS: £20 MIN DEPOSIT, MAX BONUS £100, WAGERING 40X. GAME WEIGHTING APPLIES. BETTING LIMITS: SLOTS - £5 ALL OTHER GAMES – 10% OF BONUS AMOUNT. PAYMENT RESTRICTIONS + T&C APPLY.
First deposit bonus
50 Free Spins
New customers only, +18. Verification needed for UK players. No deposit, Max bonus £5. Valid on: Shamrock N Roll, Mayan Marvels and Candy Swap. Wagering x100, Max winnings capped at £20. T & C's apply. #ad
Table of Contents
What is Boku?
Boku is an online payments method which came into existence in 2009. A British company called Vidicom Ltd which started in 2003 was purchased by American investors and become Boku Inc in 2009. The company has grown hugely since then, going public on the London Stock Exchange in 2017 with a valuation of £125 million.
So what exactly is Boku?
- Quite simply, Boku allows users to charge purchases to their phone bill.
- All you need is a mobile phone, and you can start purchasing virtual, digital and physical goods using your phone.
Today Boku is linked to over 170 phone providers and is available in more than 50 territories around the world, making it an easily accessible payment method which is available to most people. In the United Kingdom, Boku has become the number one ‘carrier billing’ service.
One of the great attractions about Boku is that it is completely free.
- If you are living in the UK – or any of the other countries serviced by Boku – then you are good to go.
- It doesn’t matter if you are using the latest and most sophisticated model or a phone you have had for ten years, as only a number and the ability to text is required the payment will still go through either way.
- The process of making a purchase, or a deposit to your online casino account, is perfectly simple.
Boku is accepted by major companies like Playstation and Spotify, as well as those Boku casinos which also offer this method as a payment method at their sites.
How Does Boku Work?
You don’t need to download any apps in order to use Boku, which is one reason why it is such a user-friendly payment option.
- Simply log in to your online casino as you normally would, and go to the Payments section of the website
- Select the Boku pay by mobile option at the online casino cashier.
- Next you will be asked to enter the amount you wish to deposit. The minimum Boku payment is £3, although many online casinos will have a minimum deposit requirement of £10. The maximum permitted payment using Boku in a 24-hour period is £30. This means that even if your phone were stolen, the amount you can lose is very limited. Should you be unlucky enough to lose your phone, you should go to the Boku Customer Care Portal and block your phone number so that nobody else can use it to make payments.
- If this is the first time you used Boku as a payment method at an online casino, then you will be asked to provide your mobile number. After that your number will be stored in the casino payment section. Now you click to confirm the transaction.
- A text message will be sent to your phone to confirm the payment. Reply with Y – free of charge – and the money will be added to your casino account.
Deposits made using Boku are instant, so you will not have to wait around to start playing your favourite real money games. There is no withdrawal feature with Boku though, so to get your money out you will be asked to provide an alternative payment option. Often pay by phone casinos will ask their players to provide bank details so that a transfer can be made directly to your bank. That’s all you need to know about using Boku – it really is one of the easiest payment methods on the market. If you have a mobile phone, you can start using it today at your Boku casino.
All the Boku casinos listed on our site accept this payment method.
Is Boku Safe to Use?
Boku is one of the most secure payment methods around. With this method an absolute minimum of personal information is required to be given. Boku is not linked to your bank account, so there is no danger of hackers being able to access your main source of funds. Phone networks use security systems to ensure that messages sent and received cannot be intercepted, and this goes for when you are using Boku as a payment method as well.
Safe, simple and fast – that is why Boku has become so popular in recent years.
The beauty of this method is its simplicity:
- Simply enter your phone number to make a payment to a Boku casino.
- If that were the only requirement, of course, then anybody who knew your number could use Boku to make payments with your mobile number.
- As discussed above, when you make your payment you will then receive a text message on your phone.
- You must reply with the letter Y for yes in order for the transaction to be completed.
Advantages of Using Boku to Fund Your Casino Account
Boku particularly appeals to people who do not have a bank or credit card. Neither are necessary when funding your Boku casino account.
- no bank or credit card needed
- no need to sign up with an electronic wallet
- no need to give your name and contact details or confirmation of your identity
Likewise, there is no need to sign up with an electronic wallet, where you would be required to give your name and contact details as well as confirmation of your identity in the form of a passport scan. Boku does not need any of these things. All you require is a mobile phone and you can start funding.
You can use Boku whether you have a pay as you go account on your phone or a monthly billing plan:
- For a pay as you go device, you must have enough funds on the phone to be able to cover the amount of your deposit.
- If you use a monthly billing option, then the amount spent with Boku will be added to the balance due at the end of the month.
Due to the daily limits associated with this method there is no chance of overspending, since it is only possible to deposit a maximum of £30 per day.
Disadvantages of Using Boku
There are not too many disadvantages when it comes to using this fast and easy payment method, although there are a couple of minor points to be aware of.
- Firstly, remember that you will not be able to withdraw funds using Boku. This makes sense, since you could not expect to receive a discount on your phone bill simply by using this payment method to play at a Boku casino. When you need to withdraw money, you will have to use an alternative method. This could be a debit card, an electronic wallet, or via transfer to your bank account. If you have a bank account, then this will be the casino’s preferred method. The reason for this is that they can verify that the funds are going to the correct person. If you do not have a bank account, then speak to the casino customer support team before you make your first deposit with Boku. They will let you know which payment method you can use to make a withdrawal with.
- Another small disadvantage of using Boku comes with the size of the deposit. If you are a high rolling player who can afford to bet higher amounts at the casino, this method may not be ideal for you. The daily limit of £30 will be perfect for a lot of people but may be restrictive for those players who prefer to spend a little more cash at the casino. Of course, nobody should ever play at the casino with more money than they can afford to lose, but as we know, some bank balances are bigger than others!
What are the Fees When Using Boku?
The good news is that Boku does not charge any fees for using it as a payment method. If you deposit £20 to your Boku casino then you will be billed for just £20 by Boku. This payment method is free to use and requires no personal information, just a working mobile phone with a valid number. Regular casino players will be fully aware that many other payment methods charge additional fees to use them as a payment method, so this is definitely an appealing factor.
You may wonder how Boku makes a profit if you are not charged a fee.
This is how Boku makes a profit:
- Well the way this system works is that the merchant – in this case the online casino – is charged a fee instead.
- That means the customer does not have to pay for using this service.
- However, some casinos will charge an extra transaction fee for using Boku in order for them to cover the fee they must pay to Boku.
- It has been known for online casinos to charge between 5 and 10% commissions, although many do not charge any fee.
Check the deposit page of your chosen casino to see whether fees are going to be imposed. If you are still not sure, then get in touch with the casino’s customer support team to confirm the matter with them.
Here are three excellent online casinos that also offer Boku as a payment option:
|Online Casino||Bonus||Read Review|
| All British Casino||100% / £100|
| Casino.com||100% / £100 + 200 Free Spins|
| The Online Casino||100% / £100 + 25 Free Spins|