18+ to register. New Customers Only. 10 Free spins on registration Free spins on first deposit as follows :Deposit £10 or more and receive 40 free spins Deposit £50 or more and receive 90 free spins Deposit £75 or more and receive 140 free spins Deposit £100 or more and receive 190 free spins Free Spins (35x wagering) Deposit Bonus (35x wagering) *Further T&C’s apply. BeGambleAware.org
*18+. New UK customers only. Opt-in required. 30 free spins on Book of Dead game upon registration with NO wagering requirements or deposit required for spins AND 100% deposit bonus up to £300: Min deposit £10 and 30x wagering requirements apply on bonus (game weighting applies). Max bet applies. T’s and c’s apply. Please gamble responsibly, www.begambleaware.org
18+. New players only. Min deposit £20. Bonus spins are valid on Book of Dead only. Bonus funds are 100% up to £300 and separate to Cash funds. 35x bonus wagering requirements apply. Only bonus funds count towards wagering requirements. £5 max. bet with bonus. Bonus funds must be used within 30 days, otherwise any unused shall be removed. Terms Apply. BeGambleAware.org
Online Casino in Canada – Best Online Casinos for Canadian Players
When the Casino Gorilla was searching for the best online casinos for Canadian players, no stone was left unturned. The big guy made sure to find only the highest quality online casinos which give a warm welcome to players from Canada.
Canadian online casino players expect their online casinos:
- to be safe and secure as a minimum
- to offer a fair and fun gaming experience
- to offer a good choice of additional payment methods
- to be compatible with tablets and smartphones
- to offer casino welcome bonuses and promotions
- to offer exciting and new online games
Some players in Canada experience difficulties with making deposits via debit and credit cards, which is why a great choice of additional payment methods is important. Another factor we take into account is that online casinos for Canadian players are compatible with modern devices, as a majority of Canadians access the internet via tablets or smartphones.
Plus, we know that you want to be able to take advantage of the best casino welcome bonuses and ongoing promotions. And of course, to be able to use those bonuses to play the freshest and most exciting video slots, table games and live dealer casino games around.
What Does “Online Casino Canada” Mean
When we use the term ‘Online Casino Canada’ we are not necessarily talking about an online casino which has its headquarters in Canada. What we are referring to is those online casinos which will accept players from Canada, no matter where the actual casino offices are based.
All of the online casinos listed on this page are happy to welcome players from Canada.
Not only that, all of these casinos meet the highest of standards when it comes to quality of games, security, payment processing, fairness and bonus offers.
The Casino Gorilla knows that Canadian online casino players demand only the best. That’s why the following features have all gone under the microscope when it came to sourcing the list of the best online casinos for Canadian players:
- Game Selection: games are at the heart of every online casino, and we look for the best casino games from the most respected developers in the industry. From video slots to classic table games and live casinos, we are only interested in the best.
- Safety and Security: you want to feel comfortable when you play at an online casino, and so player safety and security is a primary concern. We only recommend licensed casinos which use encrypted software to keep player details safe and private.
- Promotions and Bonuses: opening bonuses can sound wonderful, but the Casino Gorilla looks beneath the surface to find the best value welcome bonuses for Canadian players. We also search out the best casinos for recurring promotions for existing players.
- Super-fast Payouts: when you want to withdraw your cash, you don’t want any delays. That’s why we look for casinos which pay speedily and without any fuss.
- Banking Options: Canadian players often need a good variety of different payment options, so the casinos that provide these options rank higher with us.
- Customer Support: when you contact an online casino with a question or problem you need a quick resolution from friendly and knowledgeable customer support officers.
- VIP Programs: high rollers expect high-end rewards. VIP programs are in place to offer those rewards, with the best giving players reasons to stay with their favourite casinos.
- Top Jackpots: every casino player dreams of hitting the jackpot, and the Casino Gorilla is here to sniff out the biggest and best jackpots on the market.
Canadian Law Regarding Online Casinos
The law relating to the operation of international online casinos in Canada falls into a ‘grey area’. Every province in Canada has the right to grant permits for gambling which ‘may be operated on or through a computer’. However, there are no specific laws addressing online gambling from offshore operators.
There is certainly no law preventing individuals from playing on online casinos based in other territories.
Promotions And Bonuses At Canadian Online Casinos
There’s nothing like a good casino bonus to give your balance a boost! The Casino Gorilla loves it when there are lots of generous bonuses to take advantage of. Thankfully, many online casinos available to Canadians have all sorts of exciting promotions on offer. First of all, there’s the welcome bonus, which you can claim once you’ve made your first deposit. For this, you usually get rewarded with some free spins and/or bonus money. The size of your bonus varies depending on the casino you’re at and the amount of money you deposit, though at some casinos, there’s over a thousand Canadian dollars in bonus money up for grabs! Some casinos will even offer rewards for several deposits after your first.
Some promotions are long-lasting, whereas others are only around for a limited time. While free spins and bonus money are commonly offered, you’ll also come across promotions rewarding you with cashback or comp points that you can exchange for cash and other bonuses. You may well come across raffles or slots tournaments, both of which have cash prizes.
A lot of bonuses are rewarded through a casino’s loyalty scheme and VIP club. A loyalty scheme is available to everyone who signs up to a casino. You earn points by spending money on the casino’s games and the more points you earn, the higher your level is. There can be anything from a few to several dozen levels. The higher your level is, the more bonuses, rewards and perks you’ll be entitled to. At some casinos, the last few levels of the loyalty scheme are invite only and serve as the casino’s VIP club. At others, the VIP club is separate from the loyalty scheme.
Should you receive an invitation to join the VIP club and accept, you’ll get to enjoy a range of exclusive bonuses and special deals. Some of the goodies available include:
- VIP-only promotions and tournaments
- enhanced customer support
- fast withdrawals
- higher deposit and withdrawal limits
- reduced wagering requirements
- gifts and invitations to real-life events
No Deposits Bonuses For Canadian Online Casino Players
One of the Casino Gorilla’s favourite casino promotions is the no deposit bonus. As the name of this bonus suggests, there’s no deposit necessary to claim it. In other words, you’re entitled to claim it as soon as you’ve set up your casino account and before you’ve actually topped it up with funds. No deposit bonuses typically reward you with some free spins or bonus money that you can use to try out a casino’s games. You can still win real money even though you’re technically playing for free, though you’ll have to deposit money into your account and meet any wagering requirements before you can make withdrawals.
You’ll find that there are plenty of no deposit bonuses for Canadian players available. Many online casinos offer these bonuses because they’re popular with players. People enjoy getting to check out a casino and play some of its games without having to deposit. The great thing about these bonuses is that if, for some reason, you decide you don’t like the casino you’re playing at, you can simply sign up elsewhere and you won’t have wasted any money.
Have a look on this page and you’ll see that quite a few Canadian online casinos have no deposit bonuses waiting to be claimed. Once you’ve made the most of a no deposit bonus, you should then receive some bigger rewards when you make your first real-money deposit, so the no deposit bonus is just the beginning!
Online Casino Games Available in Canada
The online casino games available to casino players in Canada are no different from those on offer to players in different parts of the world. This means that you can expect to enjoy:
- slot games
- table games
- live casino
- scratch cards
- bingo games
- and other instant games when you play online.
The selection of games available to Canadian players is fantastic and will more than satisfy the most demanding of online casino players.
The percentage of the population of Canada which chooses to go online via tablet devices is higher than in just about any other country, while the use of smartphones is also extremely popular. With this in mind, it’s good to know that modern casino games are perfectly adapted for mobile play. No matter what brand of smartphone or tablet you’ve got, you will be able to enjoy the best casino games wherever you are.
Payments At Canadian Online Casinos
You’ll be pleased to learn that making deposits and withdrawals at Canadian casinos is as easy as anything. The line-up of accepted payment methods varies from casino to casino, but most of them will let you use plenty of widely used, international payment methods. Credit cards, debit cards, e-wallets, prepaid cards and even cryptocurrencies are among the options available at your typical Canadian casino. Whenever you find a casino you want to sign up to, chances are one of the payment methods you’re currently using will be accepted there.
Most of the time when you make a deposit, the money appears in your casino account pretty much straight away. However, the same can’t be said for withdrawals. Whenever you make a withdrawal request, you have to wait for it to be processed. The amount of time it takes depends on the casino:
- Sometimes it’s less than a day, sometimes it’s anything up to three days
- Once your withdrawal request has been processed, your money will then be on its way to you
It also depends on the payment method:
- If you’re using an e-wallet, your money should reach you immediately or within a few hours
- For other payment methods, you can expect to wait a few days or more before receiving your money
You should find plenty of online casinos that accepted the Canadian dollar. If a casino accepts players from Canada but doesn’t use the Canadian dollar, it will convert your currency for you. There’s usually a charge for this, so bear that in mind when deciding on a casino to sign up to.
Customer Support At Canadian Online Casinos
Any casino worth signing up to will have a good customer support system in place. The Casino Gorilla really appreciates it when he can get in touch with a team member to get something sorted out – luckily, though, he doesn’t have to do this too often! You’ll find that Canadian online casinos offer quite good customer support. Of course, as with other things the customer support options and availability vary depending on the casino you’re at
- Some casinos offer 24/7 customer support
- others may have it unavailable for a few hours of the day
- Some have lots of ways of getting in touch available, such as a phone line, email address, live chat feature, email form and social media
- others may have just a few options available
- Customer support should be available in English, though some casinos may offer it in French as well
Land-Based Casinos in Canada
There are five land-based casinos currently operating in Canada:
- Caesars Windsor: This spectacular destination is the largest casino resort in Canada. Enjoy luxurious surroundings where you can dine at one of the many restaurants in the complex and enjoy the biggest names in show biz in the 5,000 seat entertainment centre. Plus the casino gaming action takes place over two floors 24 hours a day. The address is: 377 Riverside Drive East, Windsor, Ontario, Telephone: (519)258-7878 or 1-800-991-7777.
- River Rock Casino: Just 5km away from Vancouver Airport, River Rock is a non-stop luxury casino which provides only the finest of entertainment. There are more than a thousand slots to choose from, as well as all your favourite table games including blackjack, roulette, baccarat and craps. The address is: 8811 River Road, Richmond, British Columbia, Telephone: (604)247-8900 or 1-866-748-3718.
- Casino Niagara: It’s all about fun and games at Casino Niagara. Enjoy more than 1,500 slot machines on this 9,000m casino floor. There are also over 40 table games which include blackjack, roulette and a variety of poker games. When you want a break from the gaming action there are four restaurants and three bars for you to take it easy and relax. The address is: 5705 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Telephone: (905)374-3598 or 1-888-325-5788.
- River Cree Resort and Casino: Whether you want to play, dine, relax or be entertained, River Cree Resort is the best option in Alberta. Spin the reels on more than 1,150 state of the art slot machines, or enjoy one of the 40 table games available on the casino floor. Dining and recreational areas are also available, including the famous Tap 25 Sports Bar. The address is: 300 East Lapotac Blvd Box 179 Enoch, Alberta T7X 3Y3, Telephone: (780)484-2121.
- Casino de Montréal: Opened in 1993, the Montreal Casino is the biggest stand-alone casino in Canada. The 526,488 square foot gaming floor is spread over three buildings, and boasts more than 3,200 slot machines. You will also find over 100 gaming tables, Keno rooms and many virtual games. To relax you can spend time in one of the four restaurants, three bars or cabaret room. The address is: 1, avenue du Casino, Montréal, Québec Telephone: (514)392-2746 or 1-800-665-2274.
Remember that in Canada you must be at least 18 years of age to legally enter a casino.
For example, Blackjack will have an RTP of around 99% if played optimally, while slot games tend to vary from 94% to 97% on average. What this means is that if spun the reels of a slot game with a 97% RTP, you should expect to lose 3% of your bankroll over hundreds of thousands of spins. Of course, in reality people play for less time than this, meaning that in the short term you can win or lose different amounts.
Here are some websites to contact for more information: