First deposit bonus
100% / £25 + 20 Bonus Spins
'New customers. Opt-in required. 20 Bonus Spins on "Sahara Riches Cash Collect" at 10p per spin and 100% Deposit Bonus up to £25 on first deposit (payment method and play restrictions apply). Min. deposit £10. 30x wagering for Bonus Spins and Deposit Bonus (game weighting applies). Max. £5/spin or £0.50/line. 30 days expiry. Please gamble responsibly • BeGambleAware.org • T&Cs apply
First deposit bonus
100% / £300 + 100 Bonus Spins
18+. New players only. Min Deposit £20. Max Bonus Bet £5. Winnings from spins capped at £50. 100 Zee Spins valid on Starburst (first 10 credited immediately upon first deposit; rest credited at 07:00 GMT at 10/day). Spins must be used by 23:59 GMT of the day on which they are credited to player account, any unused shall be removed. Bonus funds must be used within 30 days. Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and subject to 35x wagering (bonus + cash). Full terms apply. BeGambleAware.org
First deposit bonus
50 Free Spins + 30 Extra FS
18+ Terms & Conditions apply.
First deposit bonus
100% / £123
*New players only - Maximum bonus is £123 - Max bet with bonus is £5 - No max cash out - Wagering is 50x - Skrill & Neteller excluded - Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse - Cashback is cash, so no wagering - Cashback applies to deposit where no bonus is included.
First deposit bonus
100% / £111+ 77 Extra Spins
23 Bonus Spins
#AD 18+, New customers only, min deposit £10, wagering 60x for refund bonus, max bet £5 with bonus funds. Free Spins bonus has x40 wagering. 23 free spins on registration (max withdrawal is £100). 100% refund bonus up to £111 + 77 spins on 1st deposit. No max cash out on deposit offers. Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse. Welcome bonus excluded for players depositing with Ecopayz, Skrill or Neteller. Begambleaware.org, Gamble Responsibly. Full T&Cs apply..
First deposit bonus
100% / £300 + 50 Bonus Spins
18+. New players only. Min. deposit £20. Max. bonus bet £5. Bonus spins on selected game only and must be used within 72hrs. Winnings from Bonus spins credited as bonus funds and capped at £100. Bonus funds expire within 30 days. Offer is 100% bonus match up to £300 + 50 Bonus spins on your 1st deposit. Bonus funds are separate to cash funds & subject to wagering requirement (35x deposit + bonus). Only bonus funds contribute towards wagering requirement. Affordability checks apply. Terms Apply. BeGambleAware.org.
Table of Contents
- How We Rate Top Indian Casinos
- Real Money Gambling vs. Online Gambling in India
- Real Money Online Casino Games
- Online Cash Games in India
- Top Online Casinos to Play with Indian Rupees
- The Legal Aspects of Land-based Casinos and Online Casinos in India
- Legal Casinos in India
- Gambling Laws Governing Offshore Casinos
- Mobile Casinos in India
How We Rate Top Indian Casinos
There are a variety of elements to take into account when it comes to providing a list of the best online casinos for a specific market.
- Different territories have different requirements when it comes to online gaming.
- What is ideal for a UK-based player may not be suitable for a player living in India.
We have considered a range of different factors when preparing our list, and we believe that we have found the perfect sites for Indian players.
No matter where in the world you live, everybody loves to be able to take advantage of a casino welcome bonus for new players. Online casinos will generally provide different offers to players in different regions, so we have trawled the internet to ensure that we have found the best welcome bonus offers for players based in India.
Security is something that many players do not consider until it is too late, but it is vital to consider the safety of an online casino before entrusting it with your hard-earned cash. The Casino Gorilla carries out rigorous inspections on every online casino to make sure that they meet the required levels of security. This includes:
- Having a valid license
- Using encrypted software to protect personal information
- Confirming that all the games offered on the site are fair and pay out correctly
Customer support is the human ‘face’ of any online casino, and good customer support is a vital factor of the online gaming experience. If you have a question about the site then you want to get an answer quickly, giving you the information that you need in a friendly and professional manner. The Casino Gorilla checks out customer service response times and levels of knowledge to ensure that they meet the highest of standards.
At the end of the day, any online casino is only as good as the games that it provides. It doesn’t matter how flashy or exciting the casino looks if the quality and range of games is not there. Our recommended casinos provide plenty of different gaming options, including:
- traditional table games
- video poker
- live dealer casinos
We believe that players should be able to have a great variety of gaming options and we look for the casinos which can provide that.
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
Many Indian casino players prefer to have the option of debit or credit cards when it comes to funding their accounts, but unfortunately local banks will not always process such transactions. This means that a majority of Indian players will need alternative payment options. Our recommended sites offer lots of different funding and withdrawal methods to ensure that Indian players will be able to deposit and withdraw without any issues. These include:
- electronic wallets
- voucher systems
- online money transfers
- Bitcoin wallets
Mobile Version of the Casino
Online casino developers have recognized that mobile users form the most important segment of the online casino market today. With that in mind, casinos are designed to be perfectly adapted and usable on smaller screens. Many online betting sites will have apps for both iOS and Android devices, and all casinos can be directly accessed via the browser on your smartphone or tablet. Likewise, casino games are designed to play on smaller screen devices without losing out on any of the excitement.
Here are three online casinos that offer a great mobile version for Indian players:
|First Deposit Bonus
|Read review and play
| Casumo Casino
|100% / £25 + 20 Bonus Spins
|Whether you have an Android or an iPhone Casumo casino games can be played via a mobile device without losing out on quality.
|Up to 500 Free Spins
|NetBet is well suited for mobile gaming and the games are easy to find with the help of useful tabs. NetBet Casino can be played on Android, iPhone or any other smartphone.
| Playzee Casino
|100% / £300 + 100 Bonus Spins
|If you decide to play on mobile, you can expect access to almost every casino game offered by Playzee Casino with a good selection of each game type.
Real Money Gambling vs. Online Gambling in India
Indian casino gaming fans will find only a limited amount of options when it comes to playing at physical casinos. Only three states have granted permissions for casinos to be built on their territory:
The success of these casinos may encourage further sites to follow suit, but for now the casinos are primarily targeting the tourist market as well as high net-wealth locals. This means that the regular player will be priced out of the local physical casino market, which is where online gambling comes to the fore.
Many international online casinos offer their services to players in India, with some companies specifically targeting the enormous Indian market. There is no restriction on local players signing up with these sites in most cases, although there can be issues if trying to fund an online casino using Indian bank cards.
Using alternative options such as electronic wallets is a simple way around this issue, and with so many people now having access to smartphones it means that millions of new players join online casinos every year from India.
Real Money Online Casino Games
People living in India can enjoy playing all sorts of real money online casino games. Online casinos that offer gambling services to Indian players typically have hundreds and hundreds of top-quality games by many of the online gambling industry’s best and most popular providers. Most casinos these days have hundreds of video slots available, along with some progressive jackpot slots, dozens of table and card games, some live dealer games and more often than not some other games as well, such as virtual sports, scratch cards and bingo-style games.
- Most Indian casinos offer demo play, which lets you play the casino’s games as much as you want without having to spend a single penny.
- There’s no real money involved at all – virtual credits are used instead – so you can’t lose any of your own money, though you can’t win any actual money either.
- Demo play is great if you simply want to enjoy playing the games risk-free and aren’t necessarily bothered about making money.
If you decide to gamble online in India for real money, you’ll have to bear in mind that your winnings may be taxed. The Income Tax Act 1961 dictates that:
- All winnings of 10,000 rupees or more won through lotteries, casino games and other types of games have to have a 30% tax applied to them.
The casino operator should deduct the tax amount before handing your winnings over to you. Don’t let this put you off playing casino games – it’s better to win and have some of your winnings deducted than not winning at all.
Online Cash Games in India
If you’re living in India, you’re legally allowed to play online casino games for real money. There’s nothing in the country’s laws that forbid people in the country from spending money gambling online. There’s therefore no risk of prosecution.
Because people can gamble online legally in India, there are all sorts of casino operators based elsewhere offering their gambling services to people throughout the country.
- With 1.3 billion residents, India is currently the world’s second most populated country.
- Only China, with 1.4 billion residents, has a higher population.
- Since there are so many people living in India and online gambling is legal, it should come as no surprise that there are countless online casino operators in other countries looking to get a slice of the Indian market.
You should find that all the same casino games available to European players are available to Indian players. If you’ve ever played at a European online casino before, you’ll know that these casinos can have hundreds – if not more than a thousand – casino games. Indian online casinos are no different. While the number and range of games will of course vary, generally speaking the choice of games available at your typical Indian online casino is large and diverse. You’ll have no problems finding lots of entertaining, exciting and thrilling casino games at Indian online casinos.
Remember that when playing any sort of gambling game for cash, the odds are always against you.
- There’s a chance you’ll walk away with a profit, of course, but there’s more of a chance you’ll end up making a loss.
- It’s important that you only gamble with money you can afford to lose.
- Set aside some money especially for gambling and use this to gamble with.
- If the money runs out, you should end your gambling session then and there.
- What you don’t want to do is to chase your losses, i.e. keep on playing, spending more and more money, hoping that you’ll eventually land a big win to recoup the money you’ve spent.
- It’s never advised to go chasing your losses because most of the time, you’re just going to end up losing even more money.
Do what the Casino Gorilla does and be sensible about gambling with real money. Being sensible is the best way to gamble. After all, it reduces the chances of negative things like addiction and debt happening. Gambling should always be a fun hobby you can afford to enjoy every so often. Stay sensible and gambling shouldn’t become a problem at all.
Top Online Casinos to Play with Indian Rupees
You’ll find plenty of top online casinos to play with Indian rupees on this page. You can rest assured that all of the casinos you find on this site have been reviewed and checked over. Only the best will do for the Casino Gorilla and he would never recommend a casino that’s unreliable or unsafe. Most online casinos that accept players from India will use rupees – many will use several other major world currencies as well.
Should you sign up to an Indian online casino that doesn’t accept rupees, don’t worry.
- You should still be able to play – your rupees will get automatically converted into one of the casino’s currencies.
- However, there will likely be conversion fees to have your rupees converted into another currency and back again.
- The conversion rate can vary greatly, so there’s that to bear in mind as well.
- While it would be ideal for you to gamble at casinos that accept rupees, you’ll still have a brilliant time playing at casinos that don’t accept the currency.
Indian casinos typically accept plenty of widely used payment methods, including credit cards, debit cards, e-wallets, cryptocurrencies and more. The casinos recommended by the Casino Gorilla offer lots of different ways of making deposits and withdrawals. When you make withdrawals, the amount of time it takes your money to reach you depends on the payment method you’re using and the casino you’re playing at. E-wallets are usually the fastest type of payment method. Some casinos take longer to process withdrawal requests than others. Most of the ones recommended by the Casino Gorilla process withdrawal quite fast, so you shouldn’t have to wait too long for your money to reach you.
So what are the top Indian online casinos? The Casino Gorilla has his personal favourites, of course, but they may well be different from the ones you decide are the best. Have a try of some of the Indian casinos listed here and see which ones you prefer. Before signing up, compare what they have to offer and stick to ones that have what you’re looking for from an online casino. Take into consideration things like:
- The games collection
- Promotions and bonuses
- Customer support
- Payment methods
Check out Indian online casinos that accept rupees and have fun playing many of the best casino games around:
|First Deposit Bonus
|Read review and play
| King Billy Casino
|151% / €200 + 200 Free Spins
| Fun Casino
|100% / £123
The Legal Aspects of Land-based Casinos and Online Casinos in India
Physical gambling outlets are a rarity in most of India, which is why the boom in online gambling has been a real benefit to players in that country. As individual states can decide upon their approach to gambling, it means that certain states have elected to allow casinos to be built. Currently there are:
- 10 casinos in Goa (four of which are water-based)
- 2 casinos in Sikkim (with the possibility of more to follow)
- one in Daman (the biggest casino in India, housed in a giant five star hotel)
According to gambling laws in India, new casinos can only be built as part of five-star hotel complexes or on water-going vessels and must obtain permission from the state government. This means that most local players are faced with unrealistically high costs to enter such casinos, not to mention the fact that their geographical location can make it very difficult for the majority of the population to access the casinos.
For these reasons, online casinos are a welcome option as they allow many, many more people in India to enjoy real money gambling. Current laws in India do not mention online casinos, meaning that people are free to play on international online casinos without fear of prosecution. As the current gambling laws are clearly outdated, we can assume that future laws will take online gambling into account and start to provide local licenses for international online casinos and sports betting providers. At the moment local operators in the state of Sikkim are permitted to open online betting sites, although the take-up on this has been low to date.
Legal Casinos in India
The law can be a very complicated thing indeed. When it comes to gambling in India, the laws are quite complex and it doesn’t help that there’s no one single law to do with gambling that covers the whole country. Instead, gambling laws are determined by each individual state. With there being some 29 states in the country, the laws can vary greatly.
However, while there are all sorts of laws to do with land-based gambling, there are hardly any to do with online gambling. In fact, there are just two states, Sikkim and Nagaland, that have actually put laws to do with gambling online in place.
Sikkim and Nagaland have put laws to do with gambling online in place:
- Both of these states legally permit playing games of skill online.
- Games of skill include things like poker, blackjack and roulette, where there’s an element of decision-making involved; for some of these games, strategies can be employed to increase your chances of winning.
- Slots aren’t classed as games of skill, since they’re entirely based on luck.
Even so, Indian players in all states are legally allowed to gamble at online casinos and play all sorts of casino games. The country’s laws don’t cover online casinos based in other countries because of the fact that they’re not based in India. So long as an online casino in another country is legally allowed to operate and offer gambling services to players in other countries, and has a gambling licence, Indian players are free to sign up and play. With this being the case, there are plenty of legal casinos in India that are reliable, safe and fully licensed.
The Casino Gorilla is so pleased that people in India can gamble online legally. After all, it’s well known that people throughout the country love lots of different forms of gambling. Land-based casinos are fairly popular, yet it’s great that people don’t just have to play their favourite casino games here. They can gamble online at home on their desktop computer or laptop; many casinos have a mobile site or even an app, which lets you take the casino with you when you’re out and about. Indians are passionate about gambling and find it a thrilling activity. It’s ideal for them that the law’s on their side and permits gambling online.
Gambling Laws Governing Offshore Casinos
Gambling laws which are currently in force in India date from the 1970s as well as legislation dating back to the late 1800s. Obviously, such laws do not take online gambling into account as this practice did not exist when the laws were written. What this means in actuality is that there are no specific laws to govern offshore online casinos operating in the Indian market.
- Since there are no online gambling laws to break, Indian residents are free to sign up with international online casinos without fear of prosecution.
- Clearly, new legislation is required to deal with this scenario as at the moment there is no mechanism to impose taxes or grant licenses to foreign operators.
- New laws would allow the Indian government to control access to local markets and to benefit financially from these international sites.
- What’s more, the facility to grant licenses to international operators would allow India to decide what type of online gambling operations will be acceptable.
However, for now there are no laws addressing this matter and we just have to wait and see what the future will bring.
Mobile Casinos in India
The rise in popularity of smartphones has given many millions of Indian players the chance to enjoy real money casino gaming action.
- India is currently the second-largest smartphone market in the world, and it has the highest year on year growth in demand for smartphones of any country.
- It is estimated that the number of smartphone users in India will grow by an incredible 60% between 2017 and 2022, rising from 290 million to close to 500 million users in that time.
Online casino developers are very conscious that mobile gaming is the biggest growth sector in the online gambling market. Casinos are designed with mobile users in mind above desktop players, such is the importance of the mobile market. Indian players have been quick to take advantage of the fantastic mobile casinos available today, and millions of players choose to play at mobile casinos from India. That number looks set to rise and rise in tandem with the surge of smartphone users.
Recommendations for players in the United Kingdom: