18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 60x (40x referred player) wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 10 Spins on pre-selected games will be credited instantly + then 10 per day for 4 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. www.begambleaware.org
*18+. New UK customers only. Opt-in required. 20 Bonus Spins on "Book of Dead" and 100% Deposit Bonus up to £25 on first deposit. Min deposit £10. 30x wagering requirement for Bonus Spins and 30x wagering requirement for Deposit Bonus (game weighting applies). Max £5/spin or £0.50/line or £10/round (live casino). 30 days expiry. T&C's Apply. Please gamble responsibly - www.begambleaware.org.
18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 60x (40x referred player) wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 20 Spins on Starburst will be credited instantly + then 20 per day for 9 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. - www.begambleaware.org
18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 60x (40x referred player) wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 30 Spins on Starburst will be credited instantly + then 30 per day for 9 days. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. - www.begambleaware.org
18+ Full T&C's Apply. New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 60x (40x referred player) wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 30 Spins will be credited instantly upon qualifying deposit + then 30 per day for 9 days on pre-selected games. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max Free Spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. - www.begambleaware.org
What Are Mobile Casinos?
Mobile casinos are mobile friendly online casinos that can be accessed on both smartphones and tablets. They offer a range of games that can be played through your device’s web browser with no downloads required. All you need to run a mobile casino is a compatible device with a steady internet connection.
All mobile casinos are touchscreen friendly. Like everything else on your phone or tablet, you don’t press buttons on your device to interact with the interface; you simply use the touchscreen to navigate the site and play the games.
Since mobile casinos have smaller screens than the casinos you access on computers, they’re designed to be as user friendly as possible. They have layouts that are more compact and better organised, for example. In short, these sites are there to give you quick and easy access to gambling opportunities while you’re on the go. You’re free to gamble wherever and whenever you like, and you have access to countless casinos and other gambling sites right in your pocket.
Mobile Casinos for Real Money
The first thing that the Casino Gorilla thinks about when it comes to real money mobile casino gaming is security. If you are going to be depositing your hard-earned cash with an online casino then you want to be very sure that it is going to be safe and easily accessible. That also goes for the personal information you must supply to online casinos to provide your identity. This should be used for ID purposes only and not shared with any other companies.
The easiest way to find out whether a casino is trustworthy or not is by checking its licences. The most reputable online casinos will be licensed in Europe, preferably by strong regulators such as those in:
Quickly scrolling down to the bottom of the casino page will tell you where the site is licensed and seeing logos from one of these jurisdictions is a very good sign indeed. If you do not see any licence then you should seek out another casino – no licence means no good as far as the Casino Gorilla is concerned.
All the casinos recommended on these pages pass the security test, so now you can take other factors into account. The quality and quantity of real money games is of course a big factor, and don’t forget to consider that not all of these will be available on the mobile version of online casinos. Look for a large number of games coming from a variety of respected providers. Developers like NetEnt, Microgaming, Yggdrasil, Playtech, Play ‘n GO, Thunderkick and Quickspin are among the top-ranking names to look out for.
High security levels? Check. Quality games? Check. Okay, now it’s time to look for that bonus. A good welcome bonus will convince many players to sign up with a mobile casino, and the Casino Gorilla is always careful to comb through the small print on any of these bonus offers to warn our readers of any hidden terms. Check out the promotions for existing players too, as well as the compatibility of the casino with mobile devices. Once you are satisfied on all counts then it’s time to start enjoying some real money action on your chosen mobile casino.
- Security. One of the first things that the Casino Gorilla looks out for when reviewing a site is to check that all safety measures are in place. This means the latest encrypted software to protect player data, as well as a commitment that personal details will not be shared with other parties. Plus it is very important that the games at an online casino can be trusted to pay out correctly and fairly.
- Gaming options. Speaking of games, an online casino isn’t much good without them. The Casino Gorilla likes to see high numbers of games and good variety as well. Ideally, a casino will offer games from a number of different providers to ensure that the playing experience stays fresh. Plus he wants to see more than just slots, with jackpots, live casino games, video poker and traditional casino table games also on the menu of the best casinos.
- Licenses. A casino without a license is one which no smart player should trust. We don’t recommend unlicensed casinos, and you should steer clear of these as there are no guarantees that such places will pay out your winnings or even return money that you have deposited. The best licenses tend to come from Europe and North America, with the trusted Maltese and UK licenses most familiar to European-based players
- Welcome bonus. There are a lot of online casinos out there, and one sure-fire way to attract customers is to offer a big flashy welcome bonus. However, the Casino Gorilla knows that not every bonus is as good as it may first appear. That’s why he researches the boring small print to make sure to tell our readers exactly what they can expect. That includes the restrictions on how much you can win from a bonus, when it expires, and how much you will need to bet before you can take out your winnings.A welcome bonus is a big reason a lot of people decide to sign up to a particular online casino. These are advertised loudly and proudly by most casinos, and it is becoming more common to see four-figure sums displayed as an incentive to attract more players. However, not all of these offers are quite as good as they appear to be. The Casino Gorilla inspects the small print to discover which welcome packages are really worthwhile and which aren’t worth your time..
- Promotions. While a good welcome bonus is important, it is nice for existing players to feel rewarded as well. We look for sites which offer regular promotions for their players, as these are the ones which encourage people to stick around. These could come in the form of deposit bonuses, free spin awards, cashback deals or any other forms of bonuses to keep their players happy.
- Loyalty programme. Another way to make casino players stick around is by offering a rewarding loyalty scheme. This is a programme whereby players earn loyalty points simply by playing games on the site. As more points are collected, you can move to higher levels and pick up rewards like free spins and bonuses. Modern online casinos are coming up with ever more inventive and entertaining ways to reward players for their loyalty, and the Casino Gorilla seeks out the best of these for our readers.
- Payment methods. If it’s not possible for you to deposit to an online casino then there is not much point in signing up in the first place. The best online casinos will offer lots of different payment methods to give their customer plenty of options. For example, in some countries it can be tricky to deposit using debit or credit cards, so having alternatives like electronic wallets, voucher systems and bank transfer options are important. The Casino Gorilla looks for varied options and appreciates the casinos which do not charge fees for either deposits or withdrawals.
How to Get Started at Mobile Casinos
Getting started at a mobile casino is simplicity itself. You will be required to register with the mobile casino of your choice, but sites try to make this process as quick and simple as they possibly can in order not to put any unnecessary obstacles in front of potential customers. You will need to complete all details correctly, as you will be asked to verify those details at a later stage by providing ID, although UK players often don’t need to worry about this as their details can be accessed online by the casino.
The details you will certainly be asked for will include your full name and the address where you are currently living. This second part is necessary because different countries have different rules about online gambling and certain casinos will not be able to operate in some territories. Make sure to check the terms and conditions of the casino you are planning to join to see whether residents of your country are permitted to sign up. Once you have provided this information and created a username and password you can start playing at the casino.
Just about every modern smartphone or tablet will have the capacity to allow online casino gaming when you are on the move. Regardless of the make or model, modern devices will allow players to access their casino of choice with ease and play for real money no matter where they are. The Casino Gorilla recommends that you ensure you have a stable internet connection when you play live dealer games in particular. If you lose connection when playing a slot or virtual game you can simply carry on from where you left off, but live dealer games will play out whether you are able to take part in the action or not.
Instant play mobile casinos
Instant play mobile casinos are popular with many casino players due to their simplicity and ease of use. There is nothing complicated about instant play casinos on your mobile, it is simply a matter of locating the site by entering the url or finding it via a search engine. Once you enter the home page just enter the username and password that you use when you created the site. These login details will be the same whether you play on a phone, tablet or computer. The advantage of instant play sites is that they do not take up extra memory on your phone.
App-based mobile casinos
While it is always possible to use the instant play option, some mobile casinos will also allow you to download an app. Mobile casino applications are generally made for both Android and iOS devices, although the latter may be a little more frequently encountered. Using an app will give you access to better graphics and playability as it has been customized to work perfectly with your phone or tablet, and thus may work with the small screen a little better than the instant download option. However, if you don’t want that extra memory being taken up on your phone then you can always uninstall or stick with the instant play option.
Desktop Online Casinos vs Mobile Casinos
If you wish to gamble over the internet, you can do so using many different devices. These can be split into two main categories: desktop computers and mobiles. Both categories have plenty of disadvantages, but also a few disadvantages.
With desktop casinos that you can access on your home computer or laptop, you can enjoy playing casino games on relatively big screens. By contrast, the smartphones and tablets you visit mobile casinos on have much smaller screens and this can have a negative impact on your gaming experience.
Mobile devices enable you to gamble on the go. You can take your laptop with you and visit casinos on that, but it’s a lot easier and more convenient to use a phone or tablet as they’re specially designed to be used while you’re out and about.
It’s also worth mentioning games. Most new games are compatible with both desktop and mobile sites. A lot of earlier games, however, aren’t mobile friendly and can only be played on computers. Therefore, some desktop casino sites may have more games to offer than the casino’s mobile site.
Overall, mobile casinos are about convenience as they let you gamble anywhere; desktop casinos are about the experience as they offer big-screen gaming and can have more gams to play.
Best Mobile Casinos in UK
The United Kingdom is one of the most tightly-regulated gambling markets in the whole world. Online gaming is perfectly legal in the UK, as long as the mobile casino in question holds a license from the UK Gambling Commission. These licenses come with very strict conditions and require the highest standards from the online casinos which operate in this market. The UK Commission also closely monitors advertising of all gambling products in a bid to make sure that underage people never gamble and that gambling is not being sold as an attractive lifestyle option. Just look for the UKGC logo at the bottom of the casino page and you can be sure it is safe to play there.
Best Mobile Casinos in the United States
The situation regarding gambling in the United States is very much up in the air. Online casinos have been banned for a number of years Stateside, but there is a movement in the direction of opening up this market in the near future. US-based players should exercise caution when it comes to signing up with mobile casinos at the moment. Since November 2013 online casinos have been legal in New Jersey, but in other states the situation is a lot less clear. International operators who offer services to US residents at the moment risk being prosecuted, although no online players have been prosecuted for using these sites.
Best Mobile Casinos in Canada
The legal status of online mobile casino gambling in Canada is somewhat unresolved. There has been no legislation to specifically cover this area of gambling. There is a Canadian regulator – Kahnawake Mohawk Territory – which hosts servers for online gambling companies. The Kahnawake regulator is a native-American reserve which has special dispensation to operate casinos. Since there are no online gambling laws currently in operation there is nothing to stop international operators from accepting Canadian players. There is also no penalty for Canadians who choose to play at international mobile casinos, until such time as new laws are introduced.
Best Mobile Casinos in Australia
Recent legislation has completely changed the online gambling landscape in Australia. Since 2016 online gambling has been outlawed in this betting-mad country, which has certainly upset a lot of people. Aussies love their pokies (slot games) and so being unable to play at real money mobile casinos has not gone down too well in all quarters. There are still some international mobile casinos offering their services to Australian residents, but these are few and far between and could potentially be open to prosecution.
Best Mobile Casinos in New Zealand
Unlike its near neighbor across the water, New Zealand is very open to the idea of online casino gaming. There is no problem joining a real money mobile casino from New Zealand as these are perfectly legal in this territory. New Zealanders will be able to find any number of online casinos from international operators which will be happy to allow them to join, and many of these will offer NZD as a currency on their sites as well.
Best Mobile Casinos in Germany
Germany is one of those countries where online gambling laws have been drawn up on a state-by-state basis. Apart from Schleiswig-Holstein, the other German states voted in 2012 to outlaw online casinos. There were new proposals to loosen these regulations which were put forward in 2017, but again the majority of German states voted against these. There are plenty of online mobile casinos which accept German-based players, but the situation is certainly a little murky at this point in time
Best Mobile Casino Games
When online casino gambling came into being in the mid 1990s there was no way that those early designers could have envisaged the state of the online gaming market 25 years later. Today the sheer range, variety and quality of real money casino games available is quite staggering. Mobile casino gaming wasn’t a possibility back then, of course, but today it is the most popular way to play at online casinos. Modern casino table games and slots are designed specifically with mobile players in mind. Whether it’s the latest video slot game or a live streamed casino classic you will be able to enjoy crystal-clear graphics and perfect audio as you enjoy an immersive gaming experience on your mobile device.
At a typical mobile casino, there are all sorts of games available to play. Some of the most common ones are listed below:
The most common mobile casino games are listed below:
- Slots. These are the most common type of casino game by far. At most mobile casinos, you’ll find that there are considerably more slots than any other type of game – there are usually hundreds of them, if not over a thousand. What makes slots great is that they come in a wide range of themes and have many different features, such as bonus rounds, free spins, special symbols and more.
- Table Games. Most mobile casinos offer a good number of table games such as blackjack, roulette, baccarat and poker. These games can have a number of variants with rule changes and different payouts.
- Video Poker. This is a popular game where you try to form the best five-card poker hand possible. Many mobile casinos have dozens of video poker games and they’re usually listed in their own category.
- Progressive Jackpots. A progressive jackpot slot is a slot whose jackpot isn’t fixed; it grows every time someone places a bet on the slot and keeps growing until it’s won. Progressive jackpots can pay out very large sums of money, though the chances of winning are slim. Generally speaking, the bigger the cash prize, the less likely it is to be won.
- Live Dealer Games. These are real-life games that you get to take part in no matter where you may be. Opt in to the game and you’ll get to watch a live broadcast of the action and can interact with both the other players and the dealer. Live games include blackjack, roulette and other casino classics, as well as branded games such as Monopoly Live and Deal or No Deal Live.
- Scratchcards. With scratchcards, you ‘scratch’ away a covering to reveal symbols and if enough of them match, you win. These games are very quick and easy to play.
- Bingo. Not only is bingo a popular real-life game, it’s also a big hit online. Lots of top-rated mobile casinos have bingo games where your aim is to match enough numbers on your card to win. There are many different versions of bingo, some of which are solo games, some of which are multiplayer games.
Leading Mobile Casino Software Providers
There are more than 400 companies supplying online casinos with games. Most of these have games that are available for the mobile gaming market too. What many providers do is when they create games, they make them playable on both desktop computers and mobile devices. You’ll find that the majority of games released in recent years are developed this way.
Some of the top providers of mobile casino games are listed below:
- Play’n Go
- NextGen Gaming
Most mobile casinos have slots and casino games by a good number of big-name providers. A small number of them have games that are only available on mobile platforms and can’t be accessed on desktop computers at all.
Mobile Casino Bonuses 2022 – How to find a good bonus for a mobile casino?
These days we use our phones for just about everything: catching up with friends, banking, shopping, playing games, and a thousand more things beside. Sometimes we even use them to make phone calls. Online casino gamers are just one more example of a group of people which have shifted away from traditional desktop computers to mobile smartphones. Any modern online casino will be optimised for playing on small-screen devices, as this is where the majority of casino players choose to do their gaming.
If you are one of the millions who play at real money casinos on your phone, then we know you are going to be interested in finding out about some of the best mobile casino bonuses around.
What is a Mobile Casino Bonus?
Anyone who has played at casinos online will certainly be familiar with the concept of a bonus. There are thousands of casinos out there, all trying to attract and keep customers. One proven way to do this is by offering bonuses to new and existing players. A bonus is a sum of money – or perhaps free spins, but we will get to that later – given from the casino to the player. There are different types of bonus, but we will start with the most common, which is known as a deposit bonus.
Deposit Bonus Offers
When you start to look for a good mobile casino to play at, one of the most attractive features is often the welcome bonus on offer. This can range in value from small amounts of cash up to thousands of pounds, but for the most part these are deposit bonuses, which are based upon the first deposit or deposits the player makes into his new account.
Let’s take the simple example of a £100 bonus based on the player’s first deposit, to be matched by the casino by 100%. This means that whatever the player deposits, from the minimum allowed amount of £10 or £20 up to a maximum (in this case) of £100 will be exactly matched by the casino and added to the player’s account. Sometimes larger bonus offers will be based on the first three, four or five deposits a player makes. These will not always be matched by 100%, as the matched deposit bonuses can often range from 25% up to 200% depending on the casino in question.
No Deposit Bonus Offers
Certain mobile casinos will offer a special no deposit bonus, which is much sought after by players. This type of bonus is awarded without the need for the player to make any deposit. Very often this will form part of a welcome bonus, with a small sum of money awarded to a player once they register with an online casino. As soon as the player’s information has been verified to check that it is not fake or a duplicate, then the bonus cash will be credited to their account. Another type of no deposit bonus is one which is awarded after a player bets a certain amount on a particular game. Some generous casinos will also give bonus to VIP players or just to reward existing players, perhaps to encourage those players who have been away from the site for a while.
Free Spin Bonus Offers
There are other forms of mobile casino bonus available, with Free Spin offers being a particularly popular one. This type of offer can be a stand-alone bonus or may come along with a deposit bonus. The player will receive a set number of free spins to be use on a selected game or group of games on the casino, without having to pay anything for them. This is a popular way for casinos to get players coming back to the site when they have been away for a while, and also to get customers trying out new and different games.
Of course, once you receive a casino bonus it is not simply a question of cashing the money out to your bank account and walking away. In the vast majority of cases mobile casinos will need to player to complete certain wagering requirements before they can cash out the bonus money or any associated winnings. Wagering requirements is simply the amount you have to bet before you can withdraw your bonus. Normally this is set as a multiple of the bonus amount – for example, 40 times a bonus of £100 would mean you would need to bet £4,000 before your money could be withdrawn. Remember, this doesn’t mean you have to LOSE £4,000 – the casinos aren’t that nasty. You simply must bet that amount on qualifying games, and with a bit of luck you will win even more.
Read the Small Print
Wagering requirements like this can seem impossible to reach when you first see them. However, there are millions of players each year who easily complete this kind of betting requirement and cash out their mobile casino bonuses. There are a couple of other things you should check in the terms and conditions of any mobile bonus offer though.
- Firstly, look out for the expiry date. Normally, players will have a fixed number of days to complete the wagering requirement before the bonus and any winnings will disappear. Look out for this, as there is nothing more frustrating than losing out on cash because of not checking the dates.
- Also, some bonus offer will have a cap on how much can be won. For example, you may receive 100 free spins with a maximum winning of £100, no matter how much more than that you actually win on the slots.
Now that you are familiar with the ins and outs of mobile casino bonus offers, it is simply a matter of finding the best one for you. Don’t forget to read those terms and conditions – they may be boring but will tell you what wagering requirement to expect and how long you have got to complete it. Look for a site with good reviews and which is about more than just a one-off welcome bonus. There are lots of amazing casinos with fantastic offers for mobile players out there, just follow the recommendations on these pages to find the one that best meets your needs.
New Mobile Casinos in 2022
What’s great about the online gambling industry is that it’s constantly growing and evolving. The number of mobile casinos is steadily rising, so there are always some new options to consider.
Should you sign up to an established mobile casino that’s been running for years or a new one that’s recently launched? Both can be worthwhile. Long-running sites tend to have large collections of games, as well as good reputations. As for newer mobile casinos, they have to attract players so their bonuses are particularly generous a lot of the time. A disadvantage they have is not having as many reviews or ratings. However, so long as the casino ticks all the right boxes, these will come in time.
In short, the age of a mobile casino doesn’t matter too much. Newer ones aim to impress and have a lot to offer, but older ones shouldn’t be overlooked. Ultimately, it’s about what you want most from your mobile gambling experience.
Live Dealer Games at Mobile Casinos
As well as animated games, mobile casinos offer live dealer games. These are real-life games that have a croupier who keeps everything running. If you opt in to a live game, you’ll get to watch a real-time broadcast of the action, no matter where you are. The games are filmed live in specially purposed TV studios, or even in land-based casinos. You and other players get to take part as if you were there, despite not actually being present.
Live games are popular because they combine the thrills and immersion of real-life gaming with the convenience of not having to actually visit a casino. Most live games are casino classics such as blackjack, baccarat, roulette and poker. Others include original creations such as Dream Catcher and Football Studio, and games based on popular brands – Deal or No Deal Live and Monopoly Live, for example.
Most mobile casinos have at least a few live games for you to play. They’re usually found in their own category and betting limits can be higher than animated games. This is because live games are more expensive to run.
While animated games can be a lot of fun, live games have the edge. They offer a much more sociable and interactive gambling experience since you’re able to communicate not only with the other players, but also the dealer.
Payment Methods Accepted at Mobile Casinos
When it comes to gambling for real money at mobile casinos, the good news is that plenty of payment methods are usually accepted. The typical mobile casino site lets you fund your account in many different ways; you can use bank cards, e-wallets, prepaid cards, bank transfers and cryptocurrencies. The number and range of options varies from one mobile casino to the next. However, most of them accept more than enough payment methods and funding your account should never be a problem.
Quite a few mobile casinos also let you add funds to your account using your phone. Payment methods such as ApplePay and Boku are good examples; these are available at many popular mobile casinos.
Making deposits is quick and easy. As for withdrawals, the process of getting your money to you can take a few working days or longer. This depends on two factors: the casino’s processing time and the payment method you’re using. For the fastest withdrawals, play at a casino with short processing times (ideally less than 24 hours) and use a payment method with short wait times, such as e-wallets – most e-wallets have transaction times of a few hours or so.
Mobile casinos are designed to make gambling on the go as straightforward and hassle-free as possible. Whether you’re using a traditional payment method or a mobile-exclusive one, you should have no problems getting your account funded and playing casino games with real money while you’re out of the house.
Reasons to Play Online Casino Games in Mobile
Today more people play online casino games on smartphones or tablets than on desktop computers. There are many reasons why people are choosing to go mobile to play online. The Casino Gorilla my not be a huge fan of mobile gaming – it’s difficult when your thumbs are that big – but he certainly recognizes that finding a good mobile casino is crucial for many players. We take a look at some of the advantages of playing online casino games on mobile phones or tablets as opposed to desktop.
- One crucial factor has been the increased available of high-quality smartphones at lower prices. People who previously could not afford computers are able to buy phones which allow online casino gaming.
- Advances in technology and increased wi-fi access have helped to make casino gambling by phone a reality. Now it is possible to comfortably play even live dealer games from your phone, which would not have been realistic just a few years ago.
- Of course, there is the fact that playing from a mobile device is so convenient as you are able to log in to your casino account no matter where you are.
- In a world where we complete so many of our online tasks using our phones, it is only natural that people want to play at casinos using these devices as well. Modern casinos are perfectly adapted to using the smaller screen devices, making for fantastic playability on phones or tablets.
- It is so easy to use mobile casinos to make deposits, withdrawals, check balance, take advantage of promotions, and of course to play – and hopefully win – on those casino games.
Cons of Mobile Casinos
Mobile casinos are great because they let you gamble while on the go – you’re not restricted to just playing at home. That being said, they do have some disadvantages:
- Small screens. If you’re playing on a smartphone, you’ll have to put up with the small screen size. This isn’t as much of a problem with tablets, though tablets can be more cumbersome than smartphones. When playing on a small-screen device, not only are the visuals reduced in size, the gaming interface is too. The buttons are smaller and it’s not uncommon for players to mistakenly hit the wrong button.
- Battery life. For those who regularly use mobile devices, battery life is an ongoing issue. Casino games, like everything else, can drain your battery fairly quickly, especially if you’ve had your device for a few years. Keep an eye on your power while playing and consider investing in a portable charger if you don’t already have one.
- Games. Most online casino games that are created these days are designed with both the desktop and mobile casino markets in mind. Therefore, most new games can be found and played at various mobile casino sites. A number of older games, however, haven’t had mobile friendly versions made yet, so you’ll only find them at desktop sites.
- Internet connection. To play games through your phone or tablet, your device will need to have a steady internet connection. This shouldn’t be too much of an issue if you have a data package. If your data isn’t unlimited, keep a track of how much you’re using. If your data is limited, switch to using public Wi-Fi whenever you can, though this isn’t always the fastest and casino games may not run as well on it.
- Addiction. This is an important point to consider. Mobile casinos let you gamble anywhere, so long as your device has an internet connection. You have instant access to countless online gambling opportunities. Therefore, it’s easier than ever to spend too much time and money playing games. Limit your gambling as much as you can and seek help if you think you’re developing a problem of any kind.
A Brief History of Mobile Casinos
Mobile casinos have been around for 17 years now. The very first real-money mobile gaming software was created by the popular provider Microgaming back in 2004. This provider is also credited with developing the very first real-money online casino software in 1994.
At first, mobile casinos were very basic and they didn’t have many games at all. Still, they caught on and attracted a lot of users. By the end of 2013, there were over a hundred mobile casinos in operation, most of them accepting players from a wide range of countries.
In some countries, the law has prevented mobile gambling from becoming as widespread as it could potentially be. There have been concerns about mobile casinos and betting sites making gambling too accessible for people, and enabling people to become addicted to gambling more easily. Many governments have since legalised mobile gambling because they’ve realised they can monetise it by taxing it. Some generate hundreds of millions of pounds in revenue from it every year.
Fast forward to 2022 and mobile casinos are legal in a large number of places. There are countless mobile casinos, sportsbooks and other gambling sites that let you gamble for real money while on the go.
The Future of Mobile Casinos
Mobile casinos are already advanced. They’re presented with high-quality graphics and are designed to an excellent standard, plus they’re capable of running loads of games, many of which are complex with lots of features.
So what does the future hold for them? One thing’s for certain:
- there are going to be more casinos and more games.
- Another certainty is that as even more people get access to smartphones and tablets, the number of people able to play at mobile casinos will surely increase.
What’s likely to happen is that we’ll see a growing number of new casinos being designed specifically for the mobile market. Lots of mobile casinos are simply adapted from the desktop site and are adjusted to be more user friendly on smaller devices. Many operators may decide to spend more time building their mobile sites so they’re even more convenient for people to use.
Then there’s apps. There are quite a few mobile casino apps you can download, but what may not realise is that most mobile casinos don’t actually have apps of their own. What we may well see is more operators developing apps to offer alongside the regular mobile casino site.
The future of mobile casinos is going to be influenced not only by the growth of gambling and the development of games, but also by advances in technology.
Phones have come an incredibly long way over the last few decades. No one knows for sure what features the typical phone will have five or ten years from now, or even longer. What’s certain is what whatever new features there are, casino game providers and casino operators will incorporate them into their products as much as possible.
It is very easy to start playing on a mobile casino once you have registered. Some casinos will have apps which can be downloaded and used to access your account. Once you click to open the app you will go directly to the casino main page and can enter your login details and start playing. Alternatively, you can choose the instant play option. Simply access your casino by entering the url or via a search engine and you will be able to start playing. If you do not wish to download an app onto your device then the instant play option will be your preferred choice.
Playing for free on real money games is a possibility when casinos give out bonuses. For example, free spins are often given to players as part of a promotion or welcome package. You may also receive bonus money awards from various promos and are thus able to play with the casino’s money. In all of these cases, you will very often be required to complete a wagering requirement before your winnings can be withdrawn. This wagering requirement is a multiple of your bonus and refers to how much you must bet before your bonus funds can be unlocked.
Game developers are also familiar with the need to make their titles compatible with mobile devices. In the past, games were designed first for desktop devices, with phones and tablets something of an after-thought. That is completely different today, as games are now designed first for smartphone play. These days you will see many ‘touch’ versions of games which are specifically created for use on touch-screen devices. Having a smaller screen than a desktop computer does not devalue the gaming experience, and it is possible to play all sorts of casino games from your mobile device, including live casino games.
Not only is there no need to create a second account for using on your phone or tablet, it will not be permitted by the casino. Online players are only permitted to have one online casino active account each. The reason for this is primarily to prevent activity such as bonus abuse from occurring, when someone may try to claim more than one welcome bonus, for example. If you do open a second account it will trigger a warning on the casinos internal monitoring systems and the second account will be closed down.
One advantage of playing at a mobile casino is that you get to enjoy games specifically tailored for the small screen. These ‘touch’ versinos of games are mobile only and allow a greater interactive experience than you will get when playing on a computer or laptop. Whether you prefer slots, jackpots, table games, live casino, video poker, scratchcards or any other type of casino game, you will be able to play these from your smartphone or tablet on a mobile casino.
Some casinos want to actively encourage their customers to play by phone rather than on computers. This is natural enough, since our phones are always with us and it makes players more likely to spin those reels or try their luck on a table game. With this in mind, it is quite common to see casinos giving special mobile-only bonus offers to reward players for using their site from a smartphone. This means not only can mobile players get the same bonuses as desktop players, they may be able to take advantage of additional promotions as well.
Other security factors to think about include the presence of securely encrypted data. Most casinos will have a security section where they list the measures taken to protect transactions carried out online as well as players’ personal information. The Casino Gorilla also likes to see certificates from independent bodies which carry out testing on games. This shows that the games are regularly checked to make sure they are free from glitches and are paying out the way that they should.
The availability of the same banking options means that you can top up your casino account no matter where you are. And of course, you can also withdraw money from your casino account. One advantage that playing on your phone offers is that there are some payment methods designed exclusively for phone users. More and more online casinos are allowing players to pay via their phone bill as a way to top up their casino balance. This only works for deposits and not withdrawals, but is an option which is becoming increasingly common.
Confusion can sometimes arise when a player is on holiday and attempts to access their casino account on a mobile device and is unable to do so. For example, a British player may have opened an account in the United Kingdom, where online casino gambling is perfectly legal. This player could travel to Las Vegas in the United States and be surprised at not being able to log onto his or her casino account. Despite the fact that Las Vegas is known as the gambling capital of the world, online casino gaming is not currently legal there or in many other states in the U.S. and so access to online casino accounts will be blocked.
Many casino games now have special features available for touchscreen devices. Look for the word ‘touch’ in the title of a game and you will know that this game has been created with enhanced features for phone and tablet users. These touch-controlled games can be slots or traditional casino games like blackjack and roulette. A pair of headphones will allow you to experience the sound effects and music for any games, and again this can make for a more immersive experience than while playing on a computer or laptop.