Here are the best online casinos that accept players from New Zealand. Choose your favourite, grab a bonus and start playing!
18+ to register. New Customers Only. 10 Free spins on registration Free spins on first deposit as follows :Deposit £10 or more and receive 40 free spins Deposit £50 or more and receive 90 free spins Deposit £75 or more and receive 140 free spins Deposit £100 or more and receive 190 free spins Free Spins (35x wagering) Deposit Bonus (35x wagering) *Further T&C’s apply. BeGambleAware.org
*18+. New UK customers only. Opt-in required. 30 free spins on Book of Dead game upon registration with NO wagering requirements or deposit required for spins AND 100% deposit bonus up to £300: Min deposit £10 and 30x wagering requirements apply on bonus (game weighting applies). Max bet applies. T’s and c’s apply. Please gamble responsibly, www.begambleaware.org
18+. New players only. Min deposit £20. Bonus spins are valid on Book of Dead only. Bonus funds are 100% up to £300 and separate to Cash funds. 35x bonus wagering requirements apply. Only bonus funds count towards wagering requirements. £5 max. bet with bonus. Bonus funds must be used within 30 days, otherwise any unused shall be removed. Terms Apply. BeGambleAware.org
How We Review the Best New Zealand Online Casinos with Online Pokies
The Casino Gorilla may not look like the most conscientious of creatures as he lounges in a hammock scratching his belly, but in fact the big hairball is laser-focused when it comes to casino reviews. When examining the requirements of a particular country he leaves no stone unturned in a bid to find the best of the best. In this case, our expert reviewer has sifted through hundreds of candidates to find the ultimate list of New Zealand-friendly online casinos.
There are a variety of factors to take into account when it comes to choosing the ideal online casino with online pokies for New Zealanders, so here is how we have been able to come up with our list of the best of the best casinos:
- Online Pokies Selection. The reason we love online casinos is because of the thrill of being able to play real money casino games no matter where we are in the world. Nothing is more disappointing than signing up with a new site to discover a limited game selection and boring titles from second-rate providers. That’s why the Casino Gorilla hunts out the sites which offer the best range of high-quality games from top developers, tailored to meet the needs of a New Zealand audience. That means the latest slots, traditional table games, jackpots and live dealer options.
- Security. Any time you are entrusting your money and your personal information to an online company you want to be able to trust that both are safe and secure. The Casino Gorilla does the background checks to make sure that our recommended casinos offer watertight encrypted security processes as well as impeccable safety records when it comes to making transactions. When you play with any of our New Zealand online casino options security will be guaranteed.
- Welcome Bonus. One way that players have a real chance to make a profit from the casinos is by taking advantage of a generous welcome bonus. Our Casino Gorilla has sought out the best welcome offers which New Zealand players can take advantage of, so you will never miss out on the best promotions. That means high-value offers with reasonable wagering requirements offering players a real chance to profit.
- Deposit Options. There is not much point in signing up with an online casino if you find yourself unable to make any deposits. Sometimes New Zealand residents have trouble making deposits with debit and credit cards, but if that is the case for you then don’t worry, as our selected casinos will have plenty of alternative options. One of the factors we take into account when recommending online casinos is how easy it will be for local players to make deposits, with the more options the better.
- Fast Payout Times. There is nothing guaranteed to annoy online casino gamers more than sites which are slow to process withdrawals. When players hit a big win, the last thing they want to be confronted by is unnecessary delays as they await their pay-outs. Our selected casinos have been tried and tested to ensure that payments are made on time and without any fuss or additional conditions.
- Mobile Gaming Experience. More New Zealanders choose to play at online casinos using their smartphones ahead of any other device. For that reason, we made sure that all of our recommended casinos are perfectly adapted to mobile play. That means a great selection of mobile gaming options, plus sites that can be easily navigated on the small screen as well as larger desktop devices.
- Customer Support. Customer support is the human ‘face’ of any online casino, as they are how you will be able to speak to the casino. For that reason, we expect and demand professional and courteous support staff who are well-qualified to deal with any queries or complaints in a prompt and efficient way.
New Zealand Online Casinos & Online Pokies
Our list of online casinos to suit players from New Zealand covers all of the points mentioned above. New Zealand may not be the world’s biggest online gaming market but it deserves access to the best that the online gaming market has to offer. The Casino Gorilla has selected these casinos after countless hours of research to ensure that they are suitable for Kiwi casino players. That means the best payment options, bonus offers which can be claimed in New Zealand, and the type of game selection that local players enjoy.
Pokies are to be found not only in New Zealand’s six land-based casinos, but also in hundreds of bars and restaurants across the country.
Playing pokies is the favourite past-time of Kiwi casino gamers, beating out the competition for more traditional table games.
Today it is possible to play literally thousands of online pokies in New Zealand without even leaving the house, as there are so many options from international online casinos. Here at Casino Gorilla we are your guide to the best online pokies out there and the best online casinos where you can find them. We separate the best from the rest, and keep you up to date with the best games and promotions for New Zealand based players.
Best Online Casino in NZ (2019)
Are you looking for the best online casino NZ 2019? There’s no single online casino that’s the best, simply because everyone has different tastes and wants different things from casinos. The Casino Gorilla has a few favourites he considers to be the very best – these might be completely different from the casinos you think are the best.
To find the best casino for you, have a look through the New Zealand online casinos listed here and see which ones meet your preferences. Online casinos vary greatly in what they offer, whether it’s the games collection, the bonuses, the accepted payment methods or the customer support. Check out online casinos that are available in New Zealand and compare what they have to offer. Whittle down the list of options until you’ve settled on one that ticks all the boxes and has everything you’re looking for. Since there are plenty of online casinos available to New Zealanders, you shouldn’t have any problems finding a great casino to play at.
Best New Zealand Online Casino Deposit Bonuses
The Casino Gorilla’s always on the lookout for bonuses – the bigger, the better! If casinos are going to offer bonuses, it makes sense to claim them and make the most of them. If you’re after the best New Zealand online casino deposit bonuses, you’ve come to the right place. On this page you’ll find lots of online casinos for New Zealand players listed, along with their current promotional offers.
So what exactly is a deposit bonus? It’s simply a bonus that you qualify for when you deposit some money into your casino account. There’s usually a minimum amount of money you have to deposit to qualify for the offer – it might be 10 New Zealand dollars, for example. Meet this requirement and you’ll receive some bonus money, some free spins, or even both!
The amount of bonus money you receive depends on how much you deposit. Here is an example of a deposit bonus:
An example of a Deposit Bonus
- Let’s say there’s a 100% deposit bonus of up to $100, with a minimum deposit of $10 required.
- If you deposit $10, you’ll be credited with a bonus worth 100% of your deposit – you’ll get a free $10, for a total of $20
- The maximum you could claim from this offer would be $100: deposit $100 and you’ll get a free $100 in bonus money, though if your deposit is any higher, the bonus would still be $100.
New Zealand online casinos have a welcome offer for new players. Most welcome offers will offer you a deposit bonus. Some have bonuses for your first deposit only, while others have bonuses for several deposits after your first.
Once you’ve signed to a casino and played through your welcome offer, don’t worry because there should still be regular deposit bonuses to claim. Keep checking a casino’s promotions section to see what all the latest offers are – there’s bound to be more deposit bonuses for you to claim.
Online Casino No Deposit Bonuses for NZ Players
We’ve mentioned no deposit bonuses already. Let’s have a closer look at how they work! As their name suggests, they’re bonuses you can claim with no deposit necessary. All you have to do is sign up to a casino and you’ll be able to claim the bonus. The bonuses you can claim from no deposit offers are usually a lot smaller than the bonuses from deposit bonuses. Still, no deposit bonuses are very much worth claiming. After all, you’re getting a free bonus for nothing.
There are plenty of online casino no deposit bonuses for New Zealand players available to claim. Not every casino has a no deposit bonus available, though plenty of them do, you’ll be pleased to hear.
Free Spins for Online Pokies in Online Casinos for NZ Players
Free spins are great! You get to spin slots for no cost at all and you can still win. The Casino Gorilla loves free spins and makes the most of any free spins offer he comes across. There are plenty of online pokies free spins for online casinos in New Zealand available – you just have to know where to look! Thankfully, you should have no problems finding New Zealand casinos with online pokies free spins offers, since they’re right here on this page!
Free spins are usually earned by claiming casino bonuses. The number of free spins you receive is usually fixed; a typical offer might reward you with 100 free spins, for example. At some casinos, free spins can be used any of the casino’s slots; at others, the free spins will only be available to use on one or a few of the slots.
So how do you go about claiming free spins to use at New Zealand online casinos to play online pokies? Some casinos have a no deposit bonus that rewards you with a small number of free spins. Even though there’s no deposit of real money into your casino account required for no deposit bonuses, you can still win real money – that is, if you’re lucky enough when playing the slots with your free spins. Lots of New Zealand casinos offer free spins as part of the welcome offer for new players. Simply deposit some money into your account and you’ll receive some free spins. Many casinos have regular promotions and limited-time offers that offer free spins, so make sure you don’t miss out on the chance to claim free spins.
Most Popular Online Casino Games and Online Pokies in New Zealand
New Zealanders have always loved playing casino games and are fans of just about every genre. However, besides sports betting it can’t be denied that pokies – that’s ‘slot machines’ to the rest of the world – are number one in the list of most popular casino games. Hardly a surprise when you consider the vast quantity of different slot games available online, covering a wide range of different genres from blockbuster movies to niche interests. Some of the more popular slots with a Kiwi audience include classics like Gonzo’s Quest and Starburst, as well as the Age of the Gods series of games from Playtech. And like most other countries around the world, the massive jackpots like Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune are hugely popular in New Zealand as well.
Besides pokies, New Zealanders retain a fondness for traditional games as well. Since the advent of live dealer online casinos this genre has become particularly popular. Games which originated hundreds of years ago in continental Europe are just as popular in 21st century New Zealand. Blackjack, roulette and (to a lesser extent) baccarat are popular with Kiwi casino gamers. Poker also had a huge impact on the New Zealand market, whether that be on dedicated poker platforms or playing versions of stud or hold ‘em poker at online and land-based casinos.
Online Casino Banking with New Zealand Dollars
The biggest online casinos will generally provide a wide range of different payment options, as well as a variety of different currencies to choose from. New Zealand dollars are not occasionally, but not always, among the available currencies at online casinos. The relatively small size of the population means that not every online casino will offer this currency, unless they are specifically targeting New Zealand. However, even when Kiwi dollars are not among the available options, New Zealand-based players can simply choose one of the other currencies when they deposit and their local currency will be exchanged for AUD, USD, EUR or whichever currency is selected.
Online Casinos with Paysafe Payments
Paysafe, or Paysafecard, is a widely used payment method. It’s a prepaid voucher that you can use to carry out transactions online; it can also be used for topping up your casino account. You should find that there are plenty of online casinos with Paysafe payments. Before signing up to a casino, double-check to see if Paysafecard is among the accepted payment methods.
Using Paysafecard at New Zealand online casinos is very easy:
- First of all, visit the official website and use the Sales Outlet Finder feature to locate your nearest retailer that sells Paysafecard.
- Pay a visit to this retailer and you can purchase paysafecard vouchers.
- They’re available in the following denominations: $10, $20, $50, $100 and $200.
- Each voucher comes with a 16-digit PIN.
When it comes to making a deposit at an online casino, simply choose Paysafecard as your preferred payment method and enter the PIN. Your money will be credited to your casino account – there’s no bank account or card needed at all!
Best Land Based Casinos in New Zealand
There are a total of six land-based casinos currently operating in New Zealand, the first of which opened back in 1994. These casinos have proved enormously popular with the New Zealand public, and thousands upon thousands flood to the casinos and associated entertainment complexes every week. Here’s a brief introduction to what you can expect from the New Zealand casino scene.
- Dunedin Casino: Opened in 1999, Dunedin Casino boasts 12 gaming tables and 180 modern gaming machines. Come to this elegant casino and you can play games like blackjack, roulette, stud poker and baccarat at the professionally run gaming tables.
- Christchurch Casino: Styling itself as ‘Christchurch’s Entertainment Destination’, New Zealand’s original casino is open 7 days a week, from 11am to 3am. Play your favourite casino table games on any of the available tables or select a gaming machine from their extensive range. Restaurants and bars help to make a trip to this casino an entertaining night out.
- SKYCITY Auckland: At the base of the looming Sky Tower in Auckland you can find the SKYCITY entertainment complex. The enormous casino houses more than 2,000 gaming machines and over 150 gaming tables so you are certain to find the game for you. There are VIP rooms for high rollers, and you can also book packages to learn how to play some of the most popular casino games.
- SKYCITY Hamilton: Another of the SKYCITY group of casinos, the Hamilton complex includes bars, restaurants and a bowling alley as well as the opulent casino. Here you will find around 330 gaming machines and a large number of table games which include baccarat, roulette and blackjack options.
- SKYCITY Queenstown: One of two Queenstown-based casinos from the SKYCITY group, the Queenstown site opened in 2000 and was taken over by SKYCITY in 2012. Open from 12 noon to 4am seven days a week, the Queenstown casino offers 86 gaming machines plus tables where you can play popular games like roulette, baccarat, stud poker and blackjack.
- SKYCITY Wharf Casino: The second Queensland venue is the SKYCITY Wharf Casino. This casino is slightly smaller than its sister, hosting 6 gaming tables and around 70 gaming machines. Drop in any day of the week from 11am to 2am – over 20s only.
Information on Problem Gambling in New Zealand
Problem gambling can creep up on anybody, no matter where they come from or how much money they have. Here at the Casino Gorilla we want people to play at online casinos because they enjoy it, not as a way to try and earn money or pay off debts. There’s an old saying that ‘the house always wins’ so casino gambling should never be used as a way to generate income.
Here are a few signs to look out for if you believe that you or someone you know my be experiencing problems with gambling:
- ‘chasing’ losses and exceeding your gaming budget in the process
- lying to friends/family about the extent of your gambling
- borrowing money to gamble, either from friends or financial institutions
- stealing money to gamble with
- being unable to think about anything else except gambling
- betting more and more to get a ‘buzz’ from gambling
- losing interest in previous hobbies or activities
- gambling to escape problems rather than for fun
If you believe that you or a loved one may have an issue with problem gambling, then we recommend that you get in touch with one of the following organizations. They will be able to offer advice and assistance and are completely confidential:
We know that you have questions, and so the Casino Gorilla has tried to anticipate what you really want to know about NZ online casinos. Check out our list of frequently asked questions to find the answers to these common queries: