First deposit bonus
50 Free Spins + 30 Extra FS
18+ Terms & Conditions apply.
First deposit bonus
100% / £100 + Up to 400 FS
£20 + 20 FS
8+. New players only. Up to 400 (18p) free spins on first deposit, awarded over 20 days. Expires 00:00 daily. Locked to Cleopatra’s Prizes. Up to £300 deposit match. Min deposits £10. Dep1: up to 100%, Max £100. Dep2: up to 200%, Max £200. Bonus and FS winnings subject to 40x wagering requirement. Withdrawing qualifying deposit excludes player from promotion. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org
First deposit bonus
100% / £123
*New players only - Maximum bonus is £123 - Max bet with bonus is £5 - No max cash out - Wagering is 50x - Skrill & Neteller excluded - Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse - Cashback is cash, so no wagering - Cashback applies to deposit where no bonus is included.
First deposit bonus
100% / £111+ 77 Extra Spins
23 Bonus Spins
#AD 18+, Gamble responsibly. New customers only, min deposit £10, wagering 60x for refund bonus, max bet £5 with bonus funds. Free Spins bonus has x40 wagering. 23 free spins on registration (max withdrawal is £100). 100% refund bonus up to £111 + 77 spins on 1st deposit. No max cash out on deposit offers. Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse. Welcome bonus excluded for players depositing with Ecopayz, Skrill or Neteller. Full T&Cs apply..
Table of Contents
- What Exactly is PayPal?
- How We Carry Out Reviews of the Best PayPal Casinos
- Basic Information about PayPal Casinos
- Bonuses at PayPal Casinos
- Games You’ll Find at PayPal Casinos
- PayPal Casino Game Providers
- PayPal Casinos with Live Dealer Games
- Obtaining a PayPal Account
- Depositing at PayPal Casinos
- Withdrawing via PayPal
- Pros of Using PayPal with Online Casinos
- Cons of Using PayPal with Online Casinos
- Alternative Payment Methods
What Exactly is PayPal?
PayPal is an e-wallet, or an electronic wallet. Create an account and you’ll be able to store money online, receive transfers from others, make payments for goods and services and send money to people you know.
PayPal was set up back in 1998 and was originally known as Confinity. Its original purpose was to produce security software. However, the company had little success with this and decided to focus on creating a digital wallet instead.
In 2002, PayPal was acquired by eBay in a deal worth $1.5 billion. It would remain part of eBay until 2015, when it became an independent company, though it would still go on to be used by eBay.
PayPal is currently operating in over 200 markets and has over 377 million active users around the world, with a total of 25 major world currencies supported. The company, which has in excess of 21,000 employees, was ranked the 204th biggest corporations by revenue in the US by Forbes Magazine in 2019 (See here Forbes’ annual list of the World’s Most Valuable Brands). Today, PayPal is one of the most popular and trusted online payment service providers.
How We Carry Out Reviews of the Best PayPal Casinos
Whenever we review an online casino, we look at everything it has to offer and think about whether we ourselves would sign up and become a member. If we like the look of a casino and we think our readers would feel the same way, we’ll recommend it to them.
The most important thing we consider is safety. We would never recommend a casino that we think is unsafe and can’t be trusted. With that in mind, when we look at a casino we always make sure that it’s fully licensed, takes all the necessary steps to keep players protected and has a good reputation among players. If there’s something about a casino that doesn’t look right or something necessary is missing (e.g. proof of a licence), we’d advise against signing up to it. Thankfully, the vast majority of online casinos are safe and can be trusted.
There are lots of things in addition to safety that we take into account when reviewing online casinos:
- Games. A casino should, of course, have plenty of games for players to enjoy. Ideally, there should be lots of them and they should come from a good mix of popular providers. It’s also good if new games are added to the collection regularly.
- Bonuses. When looking at a casino’s bonuses, we don’t just take into account the sizes of the bonuses; we also look at the terms and conditions. By doing this, we can see whether the rules and restrictions are fair for players or not.
- Banking. For banking, we see what payment methods are accepted and what the casino’s processing time for withdrawals is. We also find out if there are any fees for deposits and/or withdrawals, and what the transaction limits are.
- Loyalty and VIP. If a casino offers one or both of these, we see what rewards are available for players and what they have to do to receive them.
- Customer Support. It’s important for an online casino to have a reliable customer support system. Ideally, there should be several ways of getting in touch, including live chat and a phone line, and customer support should be available 24/7.
- Mobile Compatibility. Just about every online casino can be accessed on mobile devices. A casino’s mobile site should be mobile friendly and easy to navigate on both smartphones and tablets. Some casinos also have their own app that can be downloaded.
- Site Design. We look at what the casino’s design is like, how it easy it is to find things and whether or not the site is well organised.
Basic Information about PayPal Casinos
PayPal is available in more than 180 countries around the world and uses 25 different currencies and there are also quite a few PayPal Casinos around today. Millions of people own PayPal accounts and it is a trusted and secure way to pay for goods and services on the internet. PayPal do not allow their services to be used on every online casino, generally restricting use to trusted casinos with country specific licenses.
- Deposit fees: most online casinos will not charge any fee for a deposit made by PayPal, although there are exceptions to this rule (such as Betfair). In general you can expect withdrawals to be free as well, although some casinos will impose a small charge. Check the payments section of your chosen casino to see whether any fees will be payable.
- Countries accepted: PayPal is used in over 180 countries worldwide. Whether it can be used to fund your online casino depends on whether the casino holds a recognized license for your country of residence. For example, if you are based in the UK and the online casino has a UK license then you can expect to be able to use PayPal for deposits and withdrawals. US residents cannot use PayPal to fund an online casino.
- Banking methods: you will need either debit/credit cards or a bank account in order to fund and withdraw from your PayPal account. Credit cards can be used to transfer funds into your PayPal wallet, but they can only be withdrawn to a bank account or debit card. Both current and savings accounts are acceptable.
- Minimum deposits: the minimum deposit required when using PayPal to fund your online casino account varies according to the rules of that casino. Expect to have to deposit at least £10 and possibly £25 depending on the casino in question.
- Deposit bonuses: some casinos will grant players a deposit bonus when they use PayPal to fund their accounts. Again, this depends on the individual casino as to whether you can expect to earn regular bonuses from your PayPal deposits.
Bonuses at PayPal Casinos
One of the best things about online casinos is the bonuses they offer. All casinos have bonuses of some kind to offer players, including those that accept PayPal. The first one you’ll be able to claim is the welcome bonus for new players (or the no deposit bonus if there is one).
For most bonuses, you’re required to make a deposit of a minimum amount to qualify. Some casinos won’t let you qualify if you’re depositing using some e-wallets, namely Neteller or Skrill. PayPal, thankfully, is an exception:
- if PayPal is accepted at a casino, you should have no problems qualifying for bonuses when you make deposits with it.
A no deposit bonus is a special promotion where you receive bonus money or free spins without having to make a deposit. Some casinos offer this promotion as a way of letting players get a free preview of what the site has to offer. They can sign up, claim the bonus and spend it, all without having to deposit any money.
Welcome bonuses tend to be more generous than no deposit bonuses. They give you bonus money, free spins or both and they require a deposit for you to qualify. Many casinos have bonuses for a number of deposits after your first.
Most PayPal casinos also have plenty of bonuses for existing players to take advantage of. Some have regular bonuses (e.g. ones that can be claimed daily, weekly or monthly) and some have limited-time promotions too. Many of the top casinos have loyalty schemes and VIP clubs. Loyalty schemes are designed to reward your loyalty. The more you play at the casino, the more perks, rewards and bonuses you’ll be entitled to. VIP clubs, on the other hand, are set aside for the most committed of players and offer the casino’s very best and most exclusive deals.
Games You’ll Find at PayPal Casinos
The typical online casino that accepts PayPal has lots of games waiting to be played. Most PayPal casinos have hundreds of games lined up; some even have thousands. Casinos try to offer players as much variety as possible. The more choices there are, the more likely players are to find games that are suitable for them.
So what games can you find at a typical PayPal casino? Video slots are by far the most common type of game you’ll find at any casino. Table and card games such as blackjack, roulette, poker and baccarat are also listed at just about every casino site. Many PayPal casinos also offer live dealer games, which are real-life games you get to take part in no matter where you may be. Live games are more engaging, sociable and immersive than animated games, and are preferred by many players.
Lots of PayPal casinos also have scratchcards, video poker and other games, such as keno, bingo and instant win games. A growing number of them have sportsbooks and even virtual sports games too.
Most of a casino’s games can be played for free in demo mode. A lot of the time, you have to be a member in order to be able to play for free. However, some casinos let you access demo versions of games even before you’ve set up an account.
PayPal Casino Game Providers
- Microgaming Online Casinos with PayPal: Microgaming is one of the world’s leading casino software providers. You will be able to find PayPal as a payment method on selected Microgaming casinos, but it is not provided as standard.
- Playtech Online Casinos with PayPal: Playtech power the games to be found on a number of the world’s most famous online casinos, and their linked progressive jackpot games are hugely popular. Many Playtech casinos offer a 15% bonus for deposits made using PayPal.
- RTG Online Casinos and PayPal: Real Time Gaming or RTG is another popular developer, responsible for games such as Cash Bandits and Football Frenzy. However, it is difficult to find PayPal funding options on RTG Casinos as these are often US-facing casinos.
PayPal Casinos with Live Dealer Games
Most online casinos that let you use PayPal have live dealer games. As mentioned above, these are proper, real-life games that combine the comfort of playing from home with the thrills of playing at a genuine gaming table with other people. Blackjack and roulette are the most common live games; other casino classics such as baccarat and poker are also widely available.
Many casinos have live games that are more like game shows – there’s Deal or No Deal Live, Monopoly Live and Dream Catcher, for example. These aren’t based on pre-existing casino games. Instead, they’re original creations designed to bring the fun and entertainment of game shows to you.
Obtaining a PayPal Account
It is very easy to set up your own PayPal account. It is free to create your account and only takes a few minutes to create your own account. First go to the PayPal website and select the Sign Up option. Enter your full name and email address, and wait for your email confirmation to arrive. Make sure to use your correct details as you may need to confirm your identity in future.
You will need to link either a bank account or debit/credit cards to your PayPal account in order to make deposits and withdrawals. PayPal will verify your bank account by crediting it with small sums of money, which it will ask you to confirm. Now you are ready to make deposits and withdrawals using PayPal.
Depositing at PayPal Casinos
Depositing using your PayPal account is extremely simple. You must first add funds to PayPal either via bank transfer or using your debit or credit card. Now you can go to the Cashier section of the online casino to deposit. Select the PayPal icon from the list of available payment methods. This should take you to your PayPal account and you can select the amount of money you wish to deposit. PayPal deposits are instant and generally there is no fee involved.
Withdrawing via PayPal
Withdrawing your winnings using your PayPal account is every bit as easy as making a deposit, which is why so many people favor this payment method. Simply go into the Cashier section of the casino and select the Withdrawal button. As long as you deposited using PayPal you should see this option available for withdrawals as well. Click the PayPal icon and choose the amount you wish to withdraw. Most PayPal casinos will process your payment within 24 hours, and often in less time than this.
When the money is in your PayPal account you can transfer it to your bank account. While there is not usually a fee incurred for withdrawing from the casino to PayPal, there may be a small fee when you transfer the money from PayPal to your bank account.
Limits and Fees for Payments with PayPal
Online casinos don’t impose charges for using PayPal. Whenever you use it, whether it’s for deposits or withdrawals, you can rest assured that there won’t be any extra fees added on.
At all casinos, there are deposit and withdrawal limits. For every payment method a casino accepts, there will be minimum and maximum deposit amounts, as well as minimum and maximum withdrawal amounts. Sometimes, however, there may not be a maximum amount and you’ll be able to deposit or withdraw as much as you’d like.
PayPal’s limits are usually reasonable. They’re mostly in line with other payment methods’ limits. Before becoming a member of a casino, it’s a good idea for you to check exactly what the limits are, especially the withdrawal ones. With PayPal, you should be able to cash out larger sums of money, though this may be restricted at some casinos.
One of the key advantages of using PayPal at online casinos is that it has very short withdrawal times. Whenever you make a withdrawal request, you have to wait for the casino to process it. This can take anything from less than a day to several working days. The amount of time it takes for this to happen depends on the casino you’re at and is the same for all payment methods.
Once your request has been processed, the amount of time it takes to reach you depends on the payment method you’re using. If you’re withdrawing with a bank card or you’re using a bank transfer of some kind, you could have to wait several working days or longer. However, with PayPal your money should reach you less than a day after the withdrawal request has been processed.
Pros of Using PayPal with Online Casinos
- Ease of use: most people are familiar and comfortable with PayPal, given that it has been available for around 20 years at this stage. PayPal transactions are fast and simple, and involve either no fees or minimal charges.
- Security: PayPal is a highly trusted payment method which has never endured any security breaches. Money is transferred quickly and easily without any risk to the sender, making this a perfect online transfer method for the security-conscious.
- Licensing requirements: unlike other e-wallets, PayPal requires that casinos are fully licensed in countries they wish to allow PayPal to be used in. This restricts the number of casinos that can offer PayPal but ensures that those casinos are fully licensed and regulated.
- Popularity: at last count it was estimated that there were almost 250 million PayPal accounts active around the world. This number is increasing every year, and PayPal is fast becoming one of the most trusted and popular payment methods around.
Cons of Using PayPal with Online Casinos
- Not accepted in all casinos: PayPal will only allow its services to be used on certain casinos, and these are vetted to ensure that they meet the standards set by the payment provider. This means that the number of online casinos which accept PayPal is very limited when compared with other electronic wallets like Neteller or Skrill.
- Not accepted in all countries: not every country is allowed to use PayPal to fund online casinos, with the United States being the obvious example. Residents of this country must use different options to fund online casinos.
- PayPal’s verification processes are sometimes slow: because it is security conscious, PayPal will require higher levels of verification than other electronic payment methods. This can involve validating bank accounts as well as requesting proof of address and ID. While this can result in some delays, most people are willing to accept this as a trade-off for the increased security of a PayPal account.
- No US players accepted: although the US is PayPal’s number one international market in general terms, it is not permitted for US residents to use PayPal for online gambling transactions. For this reason, no US-friendly online casinos will offer PayPal, so alternatives must be selected. Direct contact with the customer support team of your chosen casino will often enable a solution.
Alternative Payment Methods
As we have seen, it is not always possible for casino players to use PayPal to fund and withdraw from their online casino accounts. While it is a hugely popular option, its selective online gaming policy mean that the residents of many countries will need to seek alternative options.
Here are are some of the more popular casino funding methods:
Visa and Mastercard and Maestro are widely available as funding methods for online casinos. Note that Mastercard do not allow withdrawals from online casinos outside of the UK and selected European banks.
PayPal Casino or Neteller/Skrill?
The most popular electronic wallets apart from PayPal are Neteller and Skrill. Where PayPal is very selective about its use at online casinos, Neteller and Skrill are happy to appear as payment options in online casinos in most countries. Accounts are easy to create and they offer the same speedy and simple payment options as PayPal.
This voucher system is growing in popularity as an anonymous way to fund your online casino account. Simply purchase a card at a local store and use the code to fund your online account instantly. Withdrawals will need to be done via a bank account.
There are dozens of different online bank transfer options, many of which differ according to your country of residence and your bank within that country. These options can be slower than some of those listed above, but are secure and allow for larger transactions.
Bitcoin is always in the news these days, and it is one of many cryptocurrencies which are accepted by some casinos for deposits and withdrawals. Expect the number of casinos offering this service to rise over the years to come as more people put their trust in cryptocurrencies. Paypal is allowing users to make bitcoin transfers off the platform for the first time.
Pay By Phone Casinos
Some casinos offer players the option to make payments through a mobile device. These pay by mobile casinos can use the standard pay by phone method, or other options, such as Boku, Payforit, Apple Pay, Muchbetter or Zimpler Mobile.
Can’t find PayPal listed as a payment method on your favourite casino? Wondering which payment methods make the best alternative? The Casino Gorilla has got the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about using PayPal with online casinos.