18+ to register. New Customers Only. 10 Free spins on registration Free spins on first deposit as follows :Deposit £10 or more and receive 40 free spins Deposit £50 or more and receive 90 free spins Deposit £75 or more and receive 140 free spins Deposit £100 or more and receive 190 free spins Free Spins (35x wagering) Deposit Bonus (35x wagering) *Further T&C’s apply. BeGambleAware.org
What Makes Popular Online Casino Sites Popular?
The Casino Gorilla has his own favourite online casinos – and he is constantly discovering new favourites as innovative new casinos appear to attract his attention. However, not everybody shares the same tastes as a 600-pound gorilla. After all, 5 kilos of green bananas are not everyone’s idea of a mid-morning snack.
There are many different factors which go into making online casinos popular.
- Marketing and brand identity: Marketing and brand identity should never be ignored in that regard, after all, if marketing didn’t work then people wouldn’t have spent decades trying to perfect it. Of course, marketing can only take you so far, and what really counts in the long run is the next point, which is content.
- Content: That content will first and foremost involve a good selection of high-quality games from respected game developers.
- Site design: Site design is important, as a poorly organized or mobile-unfriendly site will lose players fast.
- Safety: Safety and security is crucial, as is the ability for players to make deposits and withdrawals with a minimum of fuss.
- Rewards: Casino players also like nothing better than receiving rewards, and that is something which operators should always bear in mind. That means enticing welcome bonuses along with regular ongoing promotions for existing players and loyalty programmes to reward repeat visits to the site.
The Casino Gorilla always seeks out the best of the best for our readers, and we are going to take a closer look at some of the features that make certain casino sites more popular than the rest.
Popular Online Casino Sites and Game Selection
As always, games are at the heart of every successful online casino. No matter how artfully designed or sophisticated a casino looks, if the casino games aren’t any good then players just won’t come back for more. The same goes for flashy looking welcome bonus offers and free spin offers; although they may attract large numbers of sign-ups those players will drift off to different casinos if they can’t find their favourite games. Regular casino players will expect to find a gaming experience offering variety, quality and quantity of games.
Many online casino players are only interested in live dealer games, so obviously casinos which don’t offer a good live dealer room will not attract those players. For that very reason, more and more online casinos are waking up to the fact that the extra expense of running live dealer games is more than compensated by the extra players who sit down at those virtual tables.
Slot games are always a winner, none more so than those massive progressive jackpots so that a casino which can offer monster jackpots like ‘Mega Fortune’ and ‘Mega Moolah’ will always attract players. Casino players also need some variety if they are going to keep coming back to the same casino day after day. That means a good selection of games, and new games being regularly added to the portfolio of what is available. Manage a good combination of these and you will have yourself a popular casino.
User Experience in Popular Casinos
The ‘user experience’ is something which all websites need to take into account these days. In the early days of the internet just throwing anything up on the screen was enough to earn readers, but things have changed a lot since then. Visitors to a website expect an enjoyable experience, not one where obstacles are being thrown in their way. That means being able to find what you want when you want it.
A good casino site is just the same, and here are some points that make a good user experience in online casinos:
- Logical structure. Players want to be able to locate their favourite games in a hurry. They also want to know when promotions are running so that they won’t miss out, and which are the biggest jackpots on the site.
- Mobile casino. Mobile users have particular demands when it comes to online casino gaming. Not every game will be available on mobile devices so the selection of games which transfers to mobile format is important. Players dealing with a greatly reduced screen won’t have the same options as players using desktop devices, so it is important that they be able to move around the site comfortably on their smaller touch-screen device.
- Loading speed. And an aspect that is often ignored is the loading speeds of the online casino. We live in an age of instant gratification these days, and people just are not content to wait around for sluggish sites to load.
All of these factors go into making a popular online casino.
Loyalty Programs in Popular Online Casinos
We have mentioned before that casino players like to feel rewarded, and that involves more than just online casino welcome bonuses. We all want to feel appreciated – even giant hairy gorillas – and that’s where a good loyalty program can come into play. Most online casinos will offer special deals and promotions to their VIP players, those high rollers who are spending big bucks online. But what about those of us that don’t have thousands to spend on casino gaming?
The best loyalty programs are those that give automatic entry to everybody who registers with a particular online casino. From that point on, simply by playing real money games on the site you will earn loyalty points. The more you play, the more points you collect, and these can be exchanged for promotional prizes. As you play more you can boost your loyalty program level so as to qualify for bigger and better rewards. The most popular casinos are those which provide inclusive loyalty plans for their members and offer great prizes to reward loyal players.
Customer Support and Language Options
No matter how good your chosen online casino is, there will probably come a time when you will want to get in contact with them. This is going to involve an encounter with the casino’s customer support team, and that first communication can impact on how you view the casino as a whole. First and foremost, you will need the customer support team to be able to communicate with you in your own language, but fortunately English is generally spoken so if you are reading this then you should be okay!
After that you would expect to have a live chat contact option, preferably one that is available around the clock, with professional and helpful staff on the other end of the line to quickly resolve your issues.