First Deposit Bonus
100% / £100 + 50 Free Spins
No deposit bonus
1 Wheel of Rizk - A Chance to Win Spins or Cash
How to Choose the Right UK Online Casino
There are many factors to take into account when it comes to choosing the best UK online casino. It is easy to get distracted by a large bonus offer or flashy animations and make the wrong decision. When players do pick the wrong online casino they end up costing themselves money because they are missing out on better promotions, rewards and games at a better site. Of course, promotions aren’t the primary consideration when it comes to picking the best online casinos. When creating his list of the best British online casinos, the Casino Gorilla took into account factors like licensing, game selection, payment methods, customer service and of course the safety of the site. We will go through these factors in a little more detail below.
- Regulated by UK Gambling Commission: For any casino to legally offer its services to British residents, it must first obtain a license from the UK Gambling Commission. As this regulator is one of the strongest in the industry, holding a UK license is a guarantee that an online casino will meet the highest standards of security and fair play.
- Game Selection: The quality and quantity of games available at an online casino is crucial to its success. Players will soon grow bored of casinos which stock a limited range of games which are not regularly updated. It is also important to have different gaming options like a well-stocked live dealer casino, jackpot slot games and the latest video slots.
- Promotions: Welcome bonus offers are the most eye-catching of the promotions on offer from online casinos, with four-figure sums becoming more and more common. However, the welcome bonus is a one-time deal, and attention should be paid to regular bonuses for existing customers as well as whether there is a loyalty programme in operation at the online casino.
- Deposit Options: While debit and credit cards remain the most popular funding option for most British online casino players, these are not suitable for everybody. With that in mind, it is good to have plenty of alternatives including e-wallets, bank transfers and voucher systems.
- Fast Withdrawals: Nothing is more frustrating to a casino player than having to put up with unnecessary delays while a withdrawal is being processed. The Casino Gorilla aims to identify those casinos which push through withdrawals in a speedy manner so as to keep their players happy.
- Excellent Customer Service: One important consideration when preparing our list of the best UK online casinos relates to customer support. Excellent customer service demonstrates that an online casino cares about their players and puts them first.
- Security: Last in our list but certainly not the least important, security is vital when it comes to online casinos. As players are entrusting personal information and money to the casino, they must be safe and secure. Luckily, the UK regulator forces its license-holders to meet the highest standards of security in order to hold onto that license.
Benefits of UK Regulated Casinos
As mentioned above, the UK Gambling Commission is one of the strongest regulators in the world of online casinos. This means that players on UK licensed online casinos know that they are playing in a safe and secure gaming environment. UK regulated casinos must use the latest encrypted software to ensure that transactions and personal information remain secured. All games on these casinos must pay out fairly and as displayed. The UK license is a prized one, so the online casinos are incentivized to do everything they can to hold onto them. It is not worth it for the casino to engage in improper conduct as the cost of losing the license would outweigh any short-term benefits.
Players on UK licensed online casinos know that they are playing in a safe and secure gaming environment.
The UKGC is very proactive when it comes to customer complaints about an online casino. This means that should a player go to the regulator with a complaint they can be sure that this complaint will be investigated and followed up. Weaker regulators do not offer this level of protection to the customer, which is one big advantage of playing at a UK regulated online casino. The gambling commission can impose heavy fines upon its license-holders for breaching its rules and can remove the license for repeated violations or major offences.
Online Gambling Regulations in the UK
The United Kingdom is one of the most strictly regulated countries in the world when it comes to gambling. This is a good thing for players, as it means they are fully protected from any kind of scammy or illicit operators. As discussed above, the UK Gambling Commission does not take its responsibilities lightly and will impose heavy fines or even remove licenses from any operators which do not maintain the highest of standards.
The Gambling Act of 2005 confirmed that online gambling is perfectly legal in the UK, subject to the strict licensing conditions imposed by the UKGC. Among other things, this Act states that:
- Gambling must be conducted in a fair and open way
- Gambling should never become a source of disorder
- Children and vulnerable members of society must not be harmed or exploited by gambling
- UK players over the age of 18 are entitled to gamble online without any problems, subject to the above conditions being met
Most importantly, when it comes to registering with a new online casino, UK players should check the bottom of the page to ensure the site holds a UK gaming license. If that license is not there, you should search for a different online casino.
Top Qualities of the Best UK Online Casinos
The Casino Gorilla is one demanding primate when it comes to finding the best online casinos. He refuses to accept lax standards or mediocracy and has researched hundreds of online casinos in his search to find the best of the best. That’s why you know you can trust our list of the best UK online casinos as nobody else can match the level of insight into what goes into making the best casinos. So what exactly is the Casino Gorilla looking for from his ideal betting site?
- Security is a primary concern, and the big guy won’t even consider recommending a UK site which does not have a valid UKGC license.
- After that is confirmed, he starts looking into the other factors which separate the best from the rest. These qualities include a good selection of high-quality games offering a varied gaming experience.
- A good welcome bonus is a plus, especially when it is complemented by rewarding ongoing promotions and a loyalty plan that everyone can join.
- Professional and polite customer support staff help to enhance a casino’s reputation, especially when they are easy to contact and respond quickly.
- And of course a good range of payment methods is a must, as are speedy and hassle-free withdrawals.
- All of these ingredients combine to make the best online casinos for UK players.
Types of Games on Offer at UK Casinos
Players at UK online casinos can expect to enjoy a large range of the best real money games available. That means the latest video slots, the largest jackpot games, video poker titles, live casino games as well as traditional table games powered by random number generated software. Certain game providers are restricted in operating in some territories, but the UK consumer is lucky enough to have a very wide range of gaming options.
Live dealer casinos have been a particular favourite with British players over the past few years. This is because they offer the easy access of online gaming with the real-feel of authentic casino action via the live stream of professional croupiers. Slot machines have been a fixture in British pubs and clubs for years, and they are a big hit with UK players online as well. Of course all players are attracted by the thoughts of hitting it big, which is why monster jackpot slots like Mega Fortune and Mega Moolah are always popular. More experienced gamblers will know that games like blackjack, baccarat and video poker offer the best value, even if they are sometimes left in the shade next to the flashier video slot games.
All in all, UK players really are spoiled for choice when it comes to casino gaming.
Mobile Casinos for UK Players
Most UK players access casinos using their phones these days, and games are designed to be perfectly adapted to the smaller screen without losing any of their impact. Whether you prefer video slots or video poker, you will be able to enjoy a large range of games on your smartphone or tablet as well as via a desktop device.
Smartphone use around the world has grown exponentially over the past number of years. Online casino developers have adapted accordingly, and now casinos and games are designed first for mobile play and then desktop rather than the other way around. While mobile versions of casinos do not offer the same quantity of games as on desktop, casinos are finding ways to add more and more gaming options to the mobile versions of their sites. Certainly, players will have access to a good selection of the most popular games to be found on the desktop version of the casino, with potentially hundreds of mobile games to choose from.
Help for Gambling Problems
The Casino Gorilla is all about the fun and enjoyment of playing at online casinos. If it stops being fun then it’s time to stop. If you believe that you or a loved one may have an issue with problem gambling then be sure to look out for some of the following signs:
- Chasing losses rather than sticking to a budget
- Lying or covering up the extent of their gambling
- Gambling with money that they cannot afford to lose or gambling out of need rather than for fun
- Giving up other hobbies and interests and replacing them with gambling
- Getting into arguments because of gambling
- Steals or borrows money to use for gambling
- Becomes withdrawn or anxious
If you are concerned that you or a friend or family member may have a problem, then you should take the time to contact a professional. All of these organisations exist to help gamblers in the UK and will offer advice in assistance plus the guarantee of confidentiality:
Frequently Asked Questions Answered
QUESTION: Can I legally gamble at UK casinos?
ANSWER: Yes, it is perfectly legal to gamble at UK casinos which are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission.
QUESTION: Is it safe to download the casino software?
ANSWER: Any online casino which is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) will be perfectly safe to download.
Do I really have to download the software?
ANSWER: It is not necessary to download online casino software if you do not wish to do so. You will be able to access any online casino simply by entering their url or locating it via a search engine and logging in as usual.
QUESTION: Can I play slot machines with play money?
ANSWER: Many online casinos offer versions of their slot games which can be played for free. The play money option allows players to try out a game without risking real money.
QUESTION: Which are the best welcome bonuses?
ANSWER: There are a number of factors to take into account when assessing a welcome bonus. These include the size of the bonus, wagering requirement to unlock the bonus, caps on winnings, level of deposit required and how long the bonus is valid for. The Casino Gorilla researches all of these factors when creating its lists of the best online casino bonuses.
QUESTION: Can I trust the payout percentages in UK casinos?
ANSWER: All online casinos licensed by the UKGC must follow strict guidelines which include listing the correct payout percentages of all games. You can certainly trust any casinos licensed by this regulator.